Book Bag has Random Weight

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Book Bag has Random Weight

Post by Skibbles » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:51 am

Every once in a while my book bag suddenly weighs more than one pound. I can't figure out why. Is this a bug or some function I'm not understanding?
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Skibbles

Re: Book Bag has Random Weight

Post by Skibbles » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 am

Just wanted to bump this wondering if anyone has the same issue. I can put just one more book into the bag and it goes from 1 lb to 6 or even 16 at times. I have no idea what's going on here.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:30 am

Is it a magic book bag? I've noticed sometimes with items bags that if the weight is something that is not easily modified by the weight modifier, things can go a bit haywire. Maybe one or more of the books has been enchanted for lower weight, and that's screwing with the calculations?

Might help to list how many books are in, what the normal weight of the books should be, and if the weight changes when you put in a specific book or number of books.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:54 pm

Book bag (and some other container) weights are only refreshed at certain thresholds. As the contents of a container exceed 6lb, only then will it refresh to actually weigh 6lb. If you add four more 1lb books, it will still weigh 6lb. If you add one more, only then will it flip over to 11lb. Etc., at intervals of 5lb.

Sometimes they can get wonky beyond that, but there's little that can be done beyond replacing it. The symptoms you're describing are consistent with expected behavior.

Not a bug, moving to Closed.

Done.