Repeated Crashes in Underdark, Flood plains and Silver Mines.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

LawfulJoe

Repeated Crashes in Underdark, Flood plains and Silver Mines.

Post by LawfulJoe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:42 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)
Everything was working well, and then about a week ago, after an update, my fonts changed to a more times roman look and I no longer got a soft fade when I rested, the screen would just go black. Tonight, while on my way to the silver mines by way of the Flood plane, I experienced a crash at transition and when I rested. I was buffed with Stoneskin, Mage Armor, Shield, Bulls Str, Circle of Protection from Evil, Premonition, Shadow Shield, Spell Mantle and Endure elements. I had an Elder Air Elemental also buffed with Stoneskin, Bulls Str, Cats Grace, Mage Armor, Circle of Protection from Evil and Endure elements. I was wearing Templar Armor. There was an update from the server right before the crashes began.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Travelling to the Flood plains and the the Silver Mine, Buff with the spells are above. Transition or Rest.

Expected Result:
Crash are every Transition and rest.

Actual Result:
Crash are every Transition and rest.

Screenshot(s)
(You can either add screenshots by uploading them to imgur, or by uploading them to Discord and put the respective links between Image)

Additional Information/Notes
Currently Playing:
Andrew Gafferson - Human (acitive)
Thrax'ys Rilyn'nervs - Drow (semi-active)
Medri Zau'rahel - Drow (semi-active)
Jhul’tana Hun’ndar - Drow (active)

LawfulJoe

Re: Repeated Crashes in Underdark, Flood plains and Silver Mines.

Post by LawfulJoe » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:45 am

Good News. I figured out what was causing the crashes, font issues and graphic issues.
In Steam, under the NWN Properties, I noticed I had a -preview selected in the Betas Tab. I switched back to Opt out of all and after an update, all issues were fixed.
Currently Playing:
Andrew Gafferson - Human (acitive)
Thrax'ys Rilyn'nervs - Drow (semi-active)
Medri Zau'rahel - Drow (semi-active)
Jhul’tana Hun’ndar - Drow (active)

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Repeated Crashes in Underdark, Flood plains and Silver Mines.

Post by Anatida » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:28 pm

Please report this to Beamdog.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch