The Little Things bug thread - V2

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Baseili

Re: The Little Things bug thread - V2

Post by Baseili » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:45 pm

One tiny bug, the bench by the portal in Salasker Square both "sit" options face east making you sit sideways.

Kaeldre

Post by Kaeldre » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:16 am

The fine stool crafted by way of carpentry is wonky. Your character clips through it and your character always faces the same way when seated no matter the stool's rotation. ID: 1261 in the crafting menu.

https://imgur.com/a/AjL9TLb
To believe in an ideal is to be willing to betray it.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:31 am

Both iceberry bushes in the 'Skull Crags (Upper Mountains)' are inaccessible as they are inside rocks/mountains/trees. One in south west corner one in north east corner.

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by R0GUE » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Stagemaster Brent in the Playhouse below the Nomad says something like "How's the crown?" instead of "How's the crowd?"

Elaetheus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Elaetheus » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Falchion model guard has bugged lightning behaviour. It is always 100% bright even if it is night around. (MacOS client, just in case)

https://imgur.com/aa0w72w

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:16 pm

Feylocks can take shadow evocation as a spell at or after level 15. This grants access to Shadowbolt, Wall of Flame, Elemental Shield, and Gust of Wind.

It's very cool. But also probably unintended.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:02 pm

The transition between the Crinti ruins [Underdark (Middle) Ruins (East), I think?] and the manor is problematic. When transitioning with a summon, either into OR out of the manor, typically you or the summon or both will end up stuck behind the door. This might only happen with larger summons. Once my summon got shoved into some ur-space and could only be extracted with -fetch.

This could probably be solved by moving the transition destination a bit further away from the door.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Darkstorn42
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Darkstorn42 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Weapon Master weapon of choice feat has inconsistent capitalization on the word "of". "of" should not be capitalized:

Weapon Of Choice (great club)
Weapon Of Choice (maul)
Weapon of Choice (greataxe)
Weapon of Choice (greatsword)

On Server Hiatus
Izahne Tiller - (Shelved)
Maile Aylomen
Zuulanii Ironblood
Ukyo Kuonji

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:47 pm

Please, move the svirfneblin engineer away from the portal at Underdark (shipyard) Treadstone Locks. It's not uncommon for him to just decide to sit on the portal and just not move for a while, being unable to click the portal if there are also tracks there.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:04 pm

not really a bug but, renaming "City Port" in the gondolier dialog to "Greyport" may be a good idea as i keep mistaking it for the shipyard
Last edited by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Gondolier text updated.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Not sure if this has been reported or not but Yarrow Leaves do not stack the first time they enter your inventory. If you remove them and pick them up again, they'll stack. Kind of annoying tho

preggy

Post by preggy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:28 am

HIlariously, the Shadovar Headhunter at the trading post who pays bounties on heads says "You have brought glory to Light Keep" when you trade them in. -- Is this where The LK Sargeant went when Benwick fell?

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:24 pm

Andunor West Wheel, there is a wandering NPC called City Mephit... except it has the model of an imp. :P

I would suggest using for it one of the mephit models, or either rename it into a City Imp.
Last edited by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Not a bug, imp/mephit models are used interchangeably in a few places.

A1RMAN

Post by A1RMAN » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Astrolabe (Solid Passage) Slave Mine.

The exit transition doesn't work. The one that takes you back to the Astrolabe works.

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Kobold Sentry appears to drop the default toolset inventory packages

Kaeldre

Post by Kaeldre » Thu May 07, 2020 9:16 pm

The fine stool (ID: 1261) was supposedly fixed in a recent update when it comes to rotation. After some testing I've concluded that this does not seem to be the case. Its actual rotation doesnt seem to matter in regard to what your character will face. What does seem to matter is at what angle you approach it on when you click it and sit.
To believe in an ideal is to be willing to betray it.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sat May 09, 2020 11:51 am

Cordor Museum/Art Gallery

Curator Jacobi can never seem to get to the [sits] spot in his little office, and keeps running back and forth trying to and failing. His conversation still says the Arelith Historical Society Collection is still in the meeting hall which it is sadly not, and I hope he's left the museum once in however many decades its been.

Almost every exhibit in the art gallery has lots of spelling errors, which I presume is a holdover from when some were PC made paintings, but also includes placeables. They also lack artist credentials, which is a shame. Less pronounced in the museum area.

Some new hak items were also included but aren't actually displays, and seem a little out of place, but that's more feedback.

Irongron wrote:

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Sat May 09, 2020 2:15 pm

Kuma wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:51 am
Cordor Museum/Art Gallery

Curator Jacobi can never seem to get to the [sits] spot in his little office, and keeps running back and forth trying to and failing. His conversation still says the Arelith Historical Society Collection is still in the meeting hall which it is sadly not, and I hope he's left the museum once in however many decades its been.

Almost every exhibit in the art gallery has lots of spelling errors, which I presume is a holdover from when some were PC made paintings, but also includes placeables. They also lack artist credentials, which is a shame. Less pronounced in the museum area.

Some new hak items were also included but aren't actually displays, and seem a little out of place, but that's more feedback.
I can fix Jacobi, but absolutely every painting in the gallery that has a description is the work of players, including whether they added their credentials - some they hung themselves, others they provided text for when the gallery was built. I really do not have time to through correcting every single mistake on the thousands of player books, placeables and fixtures. If you do want any fixed I'm afraid you either have to find the maker (in respect to placeables) or post fixed text here (when it is a player description on a fixed placeable). Personally I long ago accepted that spelling and grammar errors come with the territory, I'll fix my own, but not anyone else's.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sat May 09, 2020 2:39 pm

Irongron wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:15 pm
Personally I long ago accepted that spelling and grammar errors come with the territory, I'll fix my own, but not anyone else's.
given the sheer volume alone and the tediousness of copy editing an entire module yknow what? i feel ya

i might spend a bored afternoon attempting transcriptions and dump them here

Irongron wrote:

Drogo Gyslain

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Sun May 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Shadow Dancer in PGCC still lists HIPS as being taken at LVL 1, when it is taken at LVL 5. Description of Feat Progression is wrong.

InTheFlesh

Post by InTheFlesh » Mon May 11, 2020 12:34 pm

The Alhoon in the Shadow Cordor Crypts is susceptible to sneak attacks despite being listed as undead.

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Tue May 12, 2020 5:20 am

In the Logging Grounds part of Guldorand, the Camp Watchmen cast Greater Magical Fang and then Magical Fang (without companions/animals) when they see threat.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue May 12, 2020 6:39 am

-makesafe in the Formorian Giants, at the rupture, drops you right in front of the area boss and any nearby spawns. Unsure if this is intentional or not. If not, it gets you killed very quickly.

Elurion

Post by Elurion » Fri May 15, 2020 12:13 am

Yarrow Leaves don't stack with other Yarrow Leaves automatically when you pick them up; they always make a new stack. But they do stack together if you click and drag. Other stackable, forage-able items seems to stack automatically when picked up.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:53 pm

The Eyeless - an amulet item found in loot - has a small typo in its description.

It's eyes have been torn from their sockets,

It's → Its