Shop Duplicated Items

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Shop Duplicated Items

Post by Skibbles » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:10 am

For some reason my shop duplicated one or two items. I left them in there for now in case someone needs to look at them. It's called May'riina's Magnificent Magical Merchandise in the Lobby of the Boreal Keep (Arcanum) and most certainly the enchanted Rogue's Tunic was only one in number just yesterday I'm pretty sure.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Dachlatte

Re: Shop Duplicated Items

Post by Dachlatte » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Similar things happened here. And it happened again.
Strange.

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 pm

My shop also duplicated items. It seems to be happening at reset.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Fixed. You'll still get dupes this reset, or whenever next the shop is open, but not again after that.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:33 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Should we throw the duplicated items away, or is this a "bank error in your favor" deal?

(I have seven Eyes of Savras now. Send help)
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

PinataPlethora

Post by PinataPlethora » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:09 pm

cptcuddlepants wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:00 pm
Should we throw the duplicated items away, or is a "bank error in your favor" deal?

(I have seven Eyes of Savras now. Send help)
In the past, I've always been told (by Mith and DMs) to chuck duplicates, because identical item IDs can do weird stuff in certain cases. Not sure how that is nowadays, but it seems like the safe bet.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:21 pm

I would understand being told to toss something on the basis a bug accidentally produced it but I sincerely doubt anything that was located in a shop will fall into that 'certain cases' category. The only way identical tags could be an issue is if a script relies on there only being a single instance of that object with that specific tag in an inventory. And I really can't think of anything that does that? At least an item that would be in a shop. I don't see someone trying to sell their creature hides.

Quarion

Post by Quarion » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 am

My storage also duplicated an item and exceeded my 20 item limit which wiped a gem bag with a lot of goodies in it. I pm-ed the active dms. Hoping I can get it back. No response yet.

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:41 am

Some duplicates should have vanished as mysteriously as they appeared by now. If you still find some, please bin them. Thanks.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 am

Ironiclly, the rouge stones that kept duping in my shop that i kept together for inventory space sake are now all gone, taking the 4 I had legitimately with them <xD

Dunno if I could get the legit 4 back, or not, but ehh if it's written off, I'll accept it.

(At first thought a DM Deleted them, (Cause come on, 19 rouge stones?!) then I saw this. xD

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 am

Atlantahammy wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 am
Ironiclly, the rouge stones that kept duping in my shop that i kept together for inventory space sake are now all gone, taking the 4 I had legitimately with them <xD

Dunno if I could get the legit 4 back, or not, but ehh if it's written off, I'll accept it.

(At first thought a DM Deleted them, (Cause come on, 19 rouge stones?!) then I saw this. xD
Contact the DMs or Dunshine directly about this. We cleaned out the shops which had the dupe issue as in your case. To know what is valid or not we have to check the logs and handle this on a case by case basis.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:40 pm

ActionReplay wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 am
Atlantahammy wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 am

Contact the DMs or Dunshine directly about this. We cleaned out the shops which had the dupe issue as in your case. To know what is valid or not we have to check the logs and handle this on a case by case basis.
Done an Done xD Already sent a PM for the DM's before I saw this.

ldm

Post by ldm » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Is this bug fixed? I am still having a problem with my storage chest. I mixed the duplicate stuff and it keep duplicating. Should i throw away all itens: the duplicates and the original (i dont know wich one is a dupe and wich one is the original).
Thanks,

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 pm

ldm wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:37 pm
Is this bug fixed? I am still having a problem with my storage chest. I mixed the duplicate stuff and it keep duplicating. Should i throw away all itens: the duplicates and the original (i dont know wich one is a dupe and wich one is the original).
Thanks,
Report this to a DM in game and they can try and fix the chest for you.

ldm

Post by ldm » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:41 pm

ActionReplay wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 pm
ldm wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:37 pm
Thanks,
Report this to a DM in game and they can try and fix the chest for you.
Thank you for the help.