Speedy Messengers Ignoring Stealth

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Za-Lord~s Guard

Speedy Messengers Ignoring Stealth

Post by Za-Lord~s Guard » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:28 pm

Merry Christmas!

After being stealthed for a full 2 minutes, I received a speedy messenger. I double-checked my combat log, and found confirmation that I was supposed to be unreachable by speedies.

Steps to reproduce:
Be stealthed, and get a speedy.

Expectation: Speedy shouldn't reach the stealthed person if they've been in stealth long enough.

Actual Outcome: Speedy finds the stealthed person.
"I don't believe in fairies!" - Harry Dresden, the Dresden Files

theCountofMonteCristo
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Speedy Messengers Ignoring Stealth

Post by theCountofMonteCristo » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:29 pm

playing a stealther this seems to happen one of two ways:

1) The person sending the Speedy is a slow typist and started to send it shortly after you stealthed.
2) The person is on the other server which seems to take longer to update to stealth

Drogo Gyslain

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:13 pm

I am seeing this now, its happened several times now where the speedy has still come and found me after I've gotten the clear notification that I AM stealthed and unable to be found.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:24 pm

theCountofMonteCristo wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:29 pm
playing a stealther this seems to happen one of two ways:

1) The person sending the Speedy is a slow typist and started to send it shortly after you stealthed.
2) The person is on the other server which seems to take longer to update to stealth
I am one of those slow typists who would take their time to formulate a message, and I know I'm not alone in that. It's very possible that this would be the case in many occurrences.

cowboy

Post by cowboy » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:34 pm

can we please just have the option to refuse Speedy Messengers and Goblins. It is non-consensual and sometimes disruptive when people do not have the best intentions.

I hate being in the depths of hell and getting a speedy.

Restrict these messages to Assassin Guild orbs and /player/ Illusions so that players who do this kind of thing are more desirable.
If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen are defrocked, shouldn't it follow that cowboys would be deranged?

WJLIII3

Post by WJLIII3 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:23 am

cowboy wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:34 pm
can we please just have the option to refuse Speedy Messengers and Goblins. It is non-consensual and sometimes disruptive when people do not have the best intentions.

I hate being in the depths of hell and getting a speedy.

Restrict these messages to Assassin Guild orbs and /player/ Illusions so that players who do this kind of thing are more desirable.
Just repeating this for emphasis. It's immersion breaking, its silly, its disruptive to RP, both in the moment and long-term.