Slave Account Transfer

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

SugarFiend

Slave Account Transfer

Post by SugarFiend » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:08 pm

I had assumed that you simply cannot transfer gold across the bank to slaves for slavery reasons but it turns out that it is just my slave that can't accept transfers. He can send them, though.

Hadi (Slave)

It has been like this since creation.
Ilphaeryl Xun'virr [Tell]: Hadi the BAMF slave.
Gylrip: Hadi- I am realizing I cannot compare you to the lesser slaves in the city.
KT28: Lavok's world would fall apart without Hadi.

Blood on my Lips

Re: Slave Account Transfer

Post by Blood on my Lips » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:02 pm

I could not receive bank transfers when I played a slave either. I got freed and the problem persisted, so I assumed it was due to only having a first name. When I took a last name my problem was resolved.

I see quite a few characters without last names, so I'm wondering if the problem is due to having a short first name and no last name. (Mine was also only 4 letters).

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Slave Account Transfer

Post by Aniel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:01 am

It's to do with the short name. Isandra could never receive transfers either. I think I know the issue as well. To compare it to any epic command or speedy messengers, they check currently online characters. Bank transfers check the entire database for characters with that name. The more common name you have the more likely there are to be characters that share your name. So when someone looks for your character's name and there are a dozen characters all with that name? Most people don't want to take 11/12 odds of deleting their gold.