Storage Chest BUG causing random inventory itens to DISAPEAR

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Pastor

Storage Chest BUG causing random inventory itens to DISAPEAR

Post by Pastor » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:18 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Was inputting some iron and silver ores gathered on previous hunt, into the storage chest. Upon closing the chest...the shield that was on inventory tab 2, disapeared.

In system chat says : Lost: Felfire Shield.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
I don't have another equal shield to reproduce

Expected Result:

Actual Result:

Screenshot(s)
https://imgur.com/a/V7n0VnC

Additional Information/Notes
DM Dionysius, replied my inquery saying: "I'm sorry for your loss. We don't restore itens that disapear because of glitches, bug or server Issues"

UNACCEPTABLE!

It's a proven bug with screenshot, not caused by missuse or glitching. TAKE RESPONSABILITY OF YOUR SERVER PROBLEMS AND SOLVE THEM!
NEVER The players can be punished because of your non solved Issues. And refusing to support and solve this is ONLY generating DSAT and community revolt.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Storage Chest BUG causing random inventory itens to DISAPEAR

Post by MissEvelyn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:23 am

I don't know if it's because I'm on my phone, but it's really hard to see anything in those pictures. They become extremely blurry when I try to zoom in on the dialogue box.

Pastor

Post by Pastor » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:27 am

MissEvelyn wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:23 am
I don't know if it's because I'm on my phone, but it's really hard to see anything in those pictures. They become extremely blurry when I try to zoom in on the dialogue box.
I can sent the image to wherever online image service you want. Even directly to your e-mail. Just say what you want and i send it.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:20 am

UNACCEPTABLE!

It's a proven bug with screenshot, not caused by missuse or glitching. TAKE RESPONSABILITY OF YOUR SERVER PROBLEMS AND SOLVE THEM!
NEVER The players can be punished because of your non solved Issues. And refusing to support and solve this is ONLY generating DSAT and community revolt.
Instead of acting like this, you could have sent a forum PM to the active team. We are uncertain as to why the shield disappeared; however, it is entirely unrelated to the chest system that is in place.

WBTHTGA (When Bad Things happen To Good Adventurers) is often the case for items that vanish - there is no precedent in place that these WILL be returned.

I've locked this thread due to the entitlement - crying out that it will throw server revolt is not the way to go about anything.

Please send a forum PM to the Active DM team when you have had time to relax.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:25 am

This is almost certainly unrelated to the storage chest, and at first glance appears to be a known NwN bug that can happen when a character unequips a shield with a full inventory, thus dropping it to the floor.

Once space is made, and the item picked up again, it can entirely vanish, in just the way reported, at a later time.

If so this would need to reported to Beamdog, though I suspect they would have even less patience for this tone.

Our volunteer staff really make a stellar effort to support players with their issues, be them in-game bugs, or technical issues with the game itself. It really baffles me each time I see posts where someone appears so comfortable to speak to them in this way, or threaten us with 'popular revolt', but at the same time I also understand the frustration at encountering a bug.

Please keep in mind first that Arelith is not comparible with a commercial server, does not in any way profit from the NwN game, and thus should not be the target of any anger in regard to its shortcomings.

Secondly, it is a serious misjudgment of any player to believe that threats of community revolt will have any effect at all, other than my inclination to remove said individuals. We make the game we wish to play, and anyone is most welcome to join us, but we do not build it 'for' them, if at any point I detected that such an entitled outlook was the prevailing attitude among our players I would throw up a password and ensure Arelith was run by invitation only. Thankfully, for now, such threats are the exception within am otherwise fantastic and supportive community of players.