Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Lord_Droke

Post by Lord_Droke » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Hello,

I have been playing on the server for about two weeks now and have been running into a small problem I was hoping someone may be able to help me with.

On about three separate occasions I have gone to log in with my Drow character and something I end up portaling to the completely wrong location. Being a lower level drow stuck on the surface is not fun, lol. The first two times, I tried to find my way back down below ground and died in the process (this is ok I guess, at least I re spawn from death in the under dark again).

Last night I logged in again and once again it dropped me onto the surface. I ended up logging out up there, so I guess I am still stuck.

Are there any tips on how to avoid this in the future to make sure I log in to the right spot? Not only does it help keep continuity, but it helps keep my character alive. lol.
Yath'rin Vilmiathien Mori'hyanda

"Professional assassination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju

"Being a villain is a lot like being a photographer. You need to wait for the right moment" Vegita, DBZ

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Log in Location

Post by MalKalz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Logging into the server you logged out on is the best way to avoid winding up where you should not be.

If you log out in the Underdark in Andunor, make sure to log into Cities and Planes.

If you're a badger-hugging Hin then make sure to log into the Surface so you wind up in Bendir Dale.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Lord_Droke

Re: Log in Location

Post by Lord_Droke » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:04 pm

Thanks. I'll try direct connect to the C.P. Port next time instead of just the general address.
Yath'rin Vilmiathien Mori'hyanda

"Professional assassination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju

"Being a villain is a lot like being a photographer. You need to wait for the right moment" Vegita, DBZ