Bank transfer not working

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Party in the forest at midnight

Bank transfer not working

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:51 pm

I transferred 200k to the character Buppi yesterday, but he did not receive it.

There was only 1 character on the list of people named Buppi that was only named Buppi, every single other Buppi had a surname, so I'm fairly certain I chose the correct character to transfer to.

I did the transfer on the same server Buppi was on at the time, so it is not a cross server issue. The server has also reset since I transferred the money, and he still does not have it. Buppi checked his account history, and he hasn't received any transfers.

Screenshot of my bank transfer to him:

Screenshot of Buppi's bank history:

Screenshot of what it looks like when I try to select Buppi. He is the only Buppi without a surname, and you can see in both this screenshot and the name I transferred to that there are no spaces after the name. It is the same name.

So either Buppi's character is bugged, or bank transfers are not working somehow, or there are more than one characters named Buppi alone and it didn't display more than one of them. Is this even possible?

My second question is, is this a situation where DMs can give him the gold, seeing how there's screenshot and log evidence that it did not transfer correctly?

Blood on my Lips

Re: Bank transfer not working

Post by Blood on my Lips » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:15 pm

I couldn't get bank transfers when I didn't have a surname. Others have reported the same problem.

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:48 pm

Hello, player of Buppi here. The account is indeed missing the 200k gold. I performed a test by sending 500 gold to Garrett, and it seemed to have gone through. However it displayed Garrett's name as numbers, which was odd.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 am

If the issue is that there's more than one character with the exact same name, could the bank name list be changed so it warns that there are more than one character with the name?

EDIT: I completely missed Blood On My Lips' post, sorry about that! Thank you for the warning.

If this is the case, is there any way the money can be reimbursed, or is it gone for good?

Cybren

Post by Cybren » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:56 am

I assume it is characters without a surname whose first name matches characters with a surname.

My PC does not have a surname, but I have definitely received bank transfers

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:58 am

Cybren wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:56 am
I assume it is characters without a surname whose first name matches characters with a surname.
That'd be correct. My character only has a first name, no surname. Many share said first name, but he's the only one that doesn't have a surname to my knowledge.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:27 am

Bank transfers are very messy.
Two characters can have the exact same name, or a very similar name, which leads to confusions and frustrations. I only ever use it if there is a single choice of character.

I would love for this to somehow be reworked, or entirely removed.

theCountofMonteCristo
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by theCountofMonteCristo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:28 pm

It is likely there are two characters named "Buppi". The Transfer screen only shows 10 possible characters. So it could be that it chose to not show you the correct Buppi.