Insifghtful strike + imbue

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Itikar

Insifghtful strike + imbue

Post by Itikar » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:04 am

I was testing a build that had both swashbuckler and spellsword on PGCC and I discovered that insightful strike creates a few issues with imbue.

Namely after casting a spell like greater magic weapon or imbuing the insightful strike bonus damage simply vanishes. Other than this, however, the weapon still works as normal.

The problems come up in a different situation.

There is a way indeed to make the insightful strike bonus reappear, and that is by unequipping and equipping the weapon. The problem is that while the insightful strike bonus reappears the extra effects of the imbue, like the regeneration from negative energy or the chain damage from electricity, simply vanish.

The same happens if I change any other part of the my equipment, for instance if I remove the gloves, and then equip them the insightful strike bonus reappears, but the imbue procs disappear.

I also verified the physical damage rolls, and yes, already after casting greater magic weapon, or any imbue, the insightful strike bonus disappears. Whereas requipping (anything) it reappears, unfortunately at the expense of the procs.

Vangrave

Re: Insifghtful strike + imbue

Post by Vangrave » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:50 am

Just wanted to confirm that I was able to reproduce this (presumably) bugged interaction as well.