Item Disappearance Bug

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

magna ferrum in eius coxae

Item Disappearance Bug

Post by magna ferrum in eius coxae » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:32 am

Hey all,

Yesterday evening I had a heavily enchanted scimitar vanish from my inventory. I unequipped the weapon, went through a transition, roleplayed a little, and then got a combat log notification that the weapon was removed. The item is 3 spaces large, so should fall outside of the pickpocket parameters.

The only thing I can think of that might possibly be related to a cause is a full inventory notification that occurred approximately 30 minutes before the weapon was lost. However, the notification did not have anything to do with unequipping the scimitar, and I was able to successfully unequip and re-equip the item several times in the interceding 30 minute period.

I am aware that sometimes an item will get jettisoned from your inventory if there is no space for it when it is unequipped (or, in the before times when disarm was still vanilla, occasionally when you'd get disarmed), but when this happens, usually the item will get stuck to the ground immediately, you'll have a greyed out and uninteractable ghost of the item in your inventory somewhere, and you'll want to immediately relog and save your character to fix the problem.

That is not what happened in this case. The item did not jettison to the ground, did not grey out in the inventory, and was freely movable after the incident. When I unequipped it the final time before it vanished, I manually dragged it to an empty inventory spot to avoid full backpack problems.

This is fairly new behavior as far as I can tell, and since I am not aware of everything that gets changed under the hood, I thought I'd leave a report in case some things have changed.

The DM team has already been sent recorded footage of the item vanishing from inventory. If code contributors need it, I can provide it on request.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Item Disappearance Bug

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:48 am

Yes, PM it to the Contributors group please!

Done.