Loremaster Bug-Scroll Mastery Not Working

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

LaughingAlong

Loremaster Bug-Scroll Mastery Not Working

Post by LaughingAlong » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Description:

When utilizing scrolls on a arcane loremaster build, while I see the scroll mastery proc and say it is working, the actual scroll is never maintained. The wand mastery recovers the charge just fine, but scroll mastery never recovers the scroll, not since I've used it.

Current Build Used: Wizard 5/Loremaster 5/Palemaster 3
Character Name: Kefki'ila Xyrunere
Race: Drow
Server: Underdark

Step's To Reproduce:

-I'm uncertain if anyone else is having this issue, but for reproducing, really, just utilize scrolls as an arcane loremaster and see if it gives you the scroll back or not when the scroll mastery procs.

Expected Result:

-Hoping to retain my scroll, and get the caster level buff

Actual Result:

-Scroll is consumed and not returned despite mastery saying it is working.

Notes:

I'm uncertain if scroll mastery CL bonus is functioning or not, as I'm unable to see caster level mid-cast and haven't sifted through, so i'd assume it is for now? But given scroll recovery is having an issue, the caster level bit might be as well?

CrystalRL

Re: Loremaster Bug-Scroll Mastery Not Working

Post by CrystalRL » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:19 pm

Which scroll are you using? I tend to get the animal buffs back, but they're a different scroll whose ID doesn't stack. I do NOT get Mage Armor scrolls back.

LaughingAlong

Post by LaughingAlong » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:44 pm

I've used various divine and arcane spells, from lesser restoration, to animal buffs, some attack spells, none of them have been returned despite it saying it worked yet, stackable or not

SkipiusEsq
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by SkipiusEsq » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:39 pm

I just had the same problem. Used a Restoration, got the mastery message, scroll is still lost.

SkipiusEsq

Post by SkipiusEsq » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 pm

As for whether it is casting at the higher level, I am a Loremaster 7 (so Scroll Mastery 4). Cast Magical Vestment and received the bonus for level 9 (the scroll itself is level 5) so that is working.

Zaphiel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Zaphiel » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:16 am

I am very busy with IRL competition project. I won't able to peek at problem for a while. Sorry for the bug, I was tested it in our test enviroment but things are not always same with live server at there. But it is at the top priority on my list and I will definitely work on fix when I have time.
Edited for grammar to make it worse, probably.

SkipiusEsq

Post by SkipiusEsq » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm

Thank you, Zaphiel. If it helps, it looks like it is only doing it with divine spells (at least for me). Tested on a few arcane scrolls and they all stayed. Hasn't stayed yet with a divine scroll.

Kalgoon

Post by Kalgoon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:25 pm

I too ran into this problem. I actually took three, very horrible, screenshots of the combat log with my phone since I lack the software to pull viewable screenshots on my toaster. It shows that Scroll Mastery activated, the spell goes off, then it says Lost Item: Scroll of <Spell>.

It happens with both Divine and Arcane scrolls, but I can't find a pattern as to when it is likely to occur. The very first scroll I ever read after taking Loremaster did this, with no scrolls ever read before on the character. Another couple times I have read the same scroll 3 or 4 times without problem, having the Mastery proc each time.
Narcisse, Gnomish linguist and booper of snoots.

Zan

Post by Zan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:35 am

Can attest that this happened with a bless weapon scroll as well. Text of preserving scroll triggered, lost the scroll.

Additionally, was a single scroll not in a stack, just in case thats useful to help troubleshoot
Current Char: Khael'dar

"Understanding is a Three-Edged Sword"