Assassin Quests

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Dreams

Assassin Quests

Post by Dreams » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:31 am

The Assassin Quests are still placing NPC marks in areas that are not able to be accessed, or so poorly described that you spend weeks searching the entire island with no information to go on at all. If I'm wrong about any of these please correct me!

e.g.
Wharftown (The Slanty Shanty)
This is the old Wharftown area, not Shadow Wharftown. It is not referring to the ruins, or the area beneath the ruins with squatters.

Arelith (Islands) Sencliff (Tower) Cave
This seems to be the old Bhaalspire area, not the newly named one which is Arelith (Islands) Sencliff (Bhaalspire) Cave. I could be wrong about this one, but I've searched all of Sencliff and can't find any area named this. Most of the caves and such are Arelith (Islands) Sencliff (Sea Caves), or variants.

Cave
This area is one of many that are just called 'Cave'. There's no other information given at all, it's just 'Cave'. I finally found this and know now exactly where it is, but it seems really shitty for players who don't know where this specific 'Cave' is.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

Dreams

Re: Assassin Quests

Post by Dreams » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:07 am

A number of the areas don’t lead to actual areas that exist anymore, can these please be updated, or can those areas just be removed for the time being? It wastes a massive amount of time searching for something that doesn’t exist. And even if you now know better for later, you can only abandon the contract and wait another 19 RL hours for another.

To add to the above list;
Stonehold (Mount Valtheran) - these areas were updated and named differently, so now doesn’t work.

andthenthatwasthat

Post by andthenthatwasthat » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:35 am

Has Arelith (Islands) Sencliff (Tower) Cave been resolved? Still seems like it is not working properly.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 am

No, it's not an area that can be accessed. This one refers to the old area.

It'd be great if the options that are not able to be used are removed from the system. Alternatively, let assassins abandon a contract and immediately pick another one. You can still have a cooldown of 19 hours apply when turning in a contract.

Normolomue
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Normolomue » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:00 pm

Finally used the forum search feature. Received this quest twice, and searched every area of Senclif

The other one that I couldnt find and had to abandon was Bender Dale (cave) Though that one could just be me. Bender dale has so many nooks and crannies

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:28 pm

New areas have been added by DMs, this is fixed now. Closing.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"