Connectivity to Server Lost Every Hour

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Crawler Shiso

Connectivity to Server Lost Every Hour

Post by Crawler Shiso » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:09 am

Hello fellow RPers,

I've been having really bad connectivity to the server for a year now. Connection to the server drops either every hour or randomly. I've done multiple web based reports on connectivity to the internet for my computer while playing on Arelith and they've all seen no drop in my internet.

This leads me to believe it may be a port issue or something else not jiving right from my computer to Arelith servers. I am unsure what route to take next in trouble shooting this problem and would be welcome for advice or even a dev member to jump in on this and let me know if it can be monitored on their end or if there has been a fix for this in the past.

Thank you and I love you all,
Crawler Shiso

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia

Re: Connectivity to Server Lost Every Hour

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi CrawlerShiso,

If you're on our Discord server, I would best recommend reaching out in #tech-help so you can get a real-time back and forth with someone here troubleshooting- otherwise it may take a little while longer to try get to the bottom of this. The two first things I'd ask would be:

Does it happen on any computer you use, or just one?
Does it happen when you're connected on a different network, like public Wifi or a phone hotspot?

Some (few, but some) people need to use a proxy to get a stable connection due to ISP issues- if you can experiment with that and see if you can get a workable connection, that might be a viable alternative.

Keep us in the loop if you are good moving this conversation to the Arelith Discord (so we can close out this thread) or if you will need to communicate over the forums for this.

Bat

Done.

Crawler Shiso

Re: Connectivity to Server Lost Every Hour

Post by Crawler Shiso » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:23 pm

Hello,

After testing with three different computers and at long periods of play time on each I have narrowed it down to my newest PC with the connectivity issue. Now, what could be causing that? Would it be a port issue or perhaps something incompatible with the server as a whole?
Crawler Shiso
"Lord of Chaos"