Aoe spells 'missing'

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Aoe spells 'missing'

Post by Morgy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:58 am

Hi!

I've noted on many occasions that my spells including mass haste and negative energy burst are missing one or more of my undead summon trio when casting. The spell simply does not acknowledge them. This can sometimes be fixed by changing zones/-fetch, but also I find that those two actions can also prompt spells to start missing - this remains so until I can try to change zone/-fetch again.
This ends up meaning many spell uses are wasted.

I'm sure others must have experienced this problem?

Thanks!

ReverentBlade

Re: Aoe spells 'missing'

Post by ReverentBlade » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:18 am

This happens to me a lot with Mass Haste and IGMS. I think it has to do with LOS checks somehow, because recasting True Seeing often seems to resolve it.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:34 am

Yeah, I've hit this a bit on particular tile setups on a true flame - Fairly consistently on the hallway just before the alhoon, in the Cordor shadow crypts. My guess (based on all the coding knowledge of the average houseplant) is that it seems to align to particular arrangements of PCs / NPCs on the ground.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:42 am

I just had this problem today, in the fish-people place under the haunted cave-elf place, just above the eyeball monster place.
Every casting of 'bless' only hit 2 of my mummies but missed my own character and 1 other mummy. Weird! I thought it could just be lag or something, because Australia.