Dweomer crafting bug

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Sindaglin

Dweomer crafting bug

Post by Sindaglin » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm

My Main Character Arak has had the following bug . I have reported multiple times to DM's and they have told me to post it upon the Bug forum . I completely understand everyone involved is very busy but this bug has been in place for almost a year .

I have 30 hard points in Dweomer Crafter for tier 3 . This Bug was active during the time when you needed to be aligned with certain deities that had Knowledge and Enchantment combined with 30 hard points . It still only registers me as a tier 2 enchanter . Is there anything that can be done to fix this ? I would greatly appreciate anyone's help in this matter .
“ Brothers , what we do in life echoes in eternity “
Sindaglin Cu'thalion Sentinel of Myon - deceased
Arak War Chieftan of the Deep Legion -ActiveMain

Xerah

Re: Dweomer crafting bug

Post by Xerah » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:06 pm

I really don't understand. Have you tried deleveling and adding 1 point in?

I had character change over after the removal of K&I and I just leveled a character with 30 ranks in Craft that has T3, so I don't understand why you wouldn't have it unless you don't have enough ranks.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:42 am

Neither do I ....I have DMS look into it and they have said it should be tier 3 from everything they see but for some reason it is not !

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:42 am

Neither do I ....I have DM's look into it and they have said it should be tier 3 from everything they see but for some reason it is not !

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:47 am

DMs can be wrong. What is your INT mod and what does your ranks say? Are you sure you're at 30 hard ranks?

Just ask to delevel down to just below 30 (so 434,999) and level up again.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:41 pm

Int is a 21 with 30 ranks so its a hard ranking total

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:12 pm

You have 21 INT and your sheet says 30? Then you certainly don't have 30 hard ranks.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Sindaglin wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:41 pm
Int is a 21 with 30 ranks so its a hard ranking total
Can you post screenshots of your character sheet main page and skill page? (with identity redacted, if desired)
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:24 am

I completely forgot about this post with everything that has been going on . I have tried to post a few pictures and it keeps saying your picture quota has been met so I removed one picture so there would only and it still indicates the quota has been met . I reduced the size of the pictures to 58 kb and 216 kb ...does it need reduced further ? So what is the easiest way to upload pictures onto the forum ?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 225217.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 225205.jpg

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:57 am

You don’t have 30 hard ranks. You only have 27

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:06 pm

To clarify further for the OP, "hard ranks" is specifically only points added on level-up. It doesn't include additions from base INT or any items.

Another specific example of a skill commonly associated with "hard ranks" is 30 tumble for 6 AC.

Sindaglin

Post by Sindaglin » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:28 pm

So the screen shot is prior to entering Arelith with only base stats taking into account how is it only 27 when it states the rank total is 30 ? Is the 27 taking into account a 3 point deduction for a lower stat ?

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:40 pm

You only put 27 ranks into the skill. You need to put in 30 ranks. Just like with tumble.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:45 pm

Sindaglin wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:28 pm
So the screen shot is prior to entering Arelith with only base stats taking into account how is it only 27 when it states the rank total is 30 ? Is the 27 taking into account a 3 point deduction for a lower stat ?
What is being displayed in your stats is "Base/Hard Ranks + Ability Modifier". In your case, it's 27 Craft Mastery + 3 INT.

If I was to make an assumption, you point no Base Ranks into Craft Trap. Due to your +3 INT modifier, your Craft Trap is showing 3 points.