Doors in the castle of orclands.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Jencent

Doors in the castle of orclands.

Post by Jencent » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Can it be fixed? Only arrows and -fetch can help you if your pathfinder is broken by the door or pathfinder of yours summons.

I'm tired of bashing doors.
Characters Status:
Jencent b'Ack - Got lost in the shadow plane & Died by unknown disease..
Angwil Bronzehand - Kickin and Screaming & Alive.
Waiting for Skeletons as playable race.
DM Butterfly wrote:You're an abomination of nature and balance

DM Rex

Re: Doors in the castle of orclands.

Post by DM Rex » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:41 pm

There should be all the appropriate switches in place to allow for doors to be open. But not all are set right next to the intended door. Is there a specific set you can help us identify that might be an issue?

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:26 pm

I know what the OP is talking about.

I'm not sure which update did it, but after one of the more recent Beamdog updates the pathing for summons (or just in general) is awful. Summons would rather try to run around to the other doors and bash them down to get to the people in the hallway right before you than just... Go through.

It's the first floor of the Orclands Citadel. Something about the hallways and doorways makes it too narrow for summons to properly path through them and it's especially hard if there's a door. Most people just end up bashing down the ones they can to get rid of the problem.

I'm thinking it's a tileset issue.

Jencent

Post by Jencent » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:59 pm

DM Rex wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:41 pm
There should be all the appropriate switches in place to allow for doors to be open. But not all are set right next to the intended door. Is there a specific set you can help us identify that might be an issue?
Any door have odd collision. I don't know how to explain that, but you can try it. Or i can just record this on video and show you.

But looks like Miaou already know this issue.
Miaou wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:26 pm
I know what the OP is talking about.

I'm not sure which update did it, but after one of the more recent Beamdog updates the pathing for summons (or just in general) is awful. Summons would rather try to run around to the other doors and bash them down to get to the people in the hallway right before you than just... Go through.

It's the first floor of the Orclands Citadel. Something about the hallways and doorways makes it too narrow for summons to properly path through them and it's especially hard if there's a door. Most people just end up bashing down the ones they can to get rid of the problem.

I'm thinking it's a tileset issue.
Characters Status:
Jencent b'Ack - Got lost in the shadow plane & Died by unknown disease..
Angwil Bronzehand - Kickin and Screaming & Alive.
Waiting for Skeletons as playable race.
DM Butterfly wrote:You're an abomination of nature and balance