Certain Wild Surges Not Functioning

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Certain Wild Surges Not Functioning

Post by Bunnysmack » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:31 pm

I discovered this yesterday in PGCC, and then confirmed the problem is also occurring on live. Some of the wild surges related to giving the wild mage a substantial set of buffs are not functioning. As far as I can tell, regardless of if they are brought up via random surge or via the -fate command, I've confirmed that -fate 58 (Combat Ready) and -fate 91 (Phantom Form) will only actually give any changes to the caster...Only a fraction of the time. In about ten times surging either of them, I might have gotten it to correctly occur once, usually on an accidental surge.

The surge will SAY it went off in the event window, an animation and sound will play, but there will be 0 actual boons applied to the caster, and it won't show the persistent animations that signify that these surges are in play.

I think it likely that if both of these surges are bugged, there may be a great number of other surges that are similarly not functioning. If I have time in the next few days, I'll try to test some other self-buffing surge types for comparison.
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"