Drow showing up in Race

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

SkipiusEsq
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Drow showing up in Race

Post by SkipiusEsq » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:35 pm

I see that the suggestion to have "Drow" show up in race so I am putting this in the bug section. According to the rejection, a lore roll allows for seeing someone is a "Drow." I have a loremaster with 80 lore and he has never seen anything besides "Elf." So either the lore requirement is extremely high or I roll 1s every single time.

I do see "Drow" when examining Drow with my Drow character. The loremaster is not a drow.

Mattamue
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Drow showing up in Race

Post by Mattamue » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:36 pm

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:47 am
Not a bug. To identify a Drow elf as such instead of just the generic 'Elf,' whether they're disguised or not, you need to:
1. Be another Drow.
OR
2. Be a surface elf with Lore greater than or equal to 20.
OR
3. Have Elves as a Favored Enemy with combined Lore + Ranger levels greater than or equal to 20.

The above logic follows parallel for identifying Duergar, with the corresponding racial types switched from Elf to Dwarf.
I saw in that thread that the lore requirement was increased. I assume that's for #2 & 3.

Who is the audience for this post?

OleBlighty
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by OleBlighty » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:48 pm

80 lore seems insanely high, perhaps it's time to reexamine this?
"Moradin's will! I ask ye, wish not one Dwarf more!
By Clangeddin, I am nae covetous for gold,
Nor care I for comely lasses!
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin tae covet honour,
I'm th' most offendin' soul alive!"

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:52 pm

its done so there is a chance for someone to not walk up hit examine and go DROW if they are on the surface covered from head to toe and can speak elven
Yes I can sign

SkipiusEsq

Post by SkipiusEsq » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:39 pm

Mattamue wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:36 pm
Not a bug. To identify a Drow elf as such instead of just the generic 'Elf,' whether they're disguised or not, you need to:
1. Be another Drow.
OR
OR
3. Have Elves as a Favored Enemy with combined Lore + Ranger levels greater than or equal to 20.

The above logic follows parallel for identifying Duergar, with the corresponding racial types switched from Elf to Dwarf.
I saw in that thread that the lore requirement was increased. I assume that's for #2 & 3.
So that would mean that someone who lives in the UD and has a high lore would not be able to see them as a Drow if they themselves are not a drow?

SkipiusEsq

Post by SkipiusEsq » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:40 pm

Ebonstar wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:52 pm
its done so there is a chance for someone to not walk up hit examine and go DROW if they are on the surface covered from head to toe and can speak elven
That's what disguise is for though.

Barkoneus

Post by Barkoneus » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:13 am

1. Be another Drow.
OR
OR

Is this new behavior? I have a surface elf the has identified Drow on more than one occasion (well two occasions to be precise), that does not qualify for either (2) or (3). But the instances were a few weeks ago, and not knowing the intended mechanics I never though much of it.

Okay, I'm 99% certain he did not qualify for (2) or (3). A chance at the time he had 15 soft ranks in lore and 5 ranger levels, but pretty sure no favored enemy elf!

Mattamue
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Mattamue » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:52 am

There may be a bug. I just tested this on PGCC and a drow was able to see duergar without FE.

viewtopic.php?p=141475#p141475

Code: Select all

2) Spells/items no longer work on the lore check

2) Lore increased to 20 for racial subraces.

3) Ranger level added to lore check if they have favored enemy instead of it being automatic.

Edit 4: Clarity edit:

4) Only proper favor enemy rangers and elves can ID drow. Only proper favored enemy rangers and dwarves can ID duergar. Lore check also required.
A shield dwarf and human were able to see svrif without FE. Not a bug if the drow and duergar spotting are inclusive to the subrace/FE requirement.

viewtopic.php?p=141085#p141085

Code: Select all

Racial subraces (that's your elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings) require either 1) The examiner to be the same race. 2) Favored enemy in the respective race. 3) Lore of 10 or above.

Who is the audience for this post?