ED: Mounting Resistance

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Rico_scorpion

ED: Mounting Resistance

Post by Rico_scorpion » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 am

Hey,

So the last fix for it made it work better, but there's still an odd behaviour with it. I however didn't pinpoint what's causing it.

Basically I have Mounting resistance II, and I use my character in perma-defensive stance while adventuring.
And after a while I realize that I don't have the 6 hp regen anymore, forcing me to go off stance, wait 30s, and go back into it.

The frequency of that bug is extremely high (as in, it WILL happen), but I'm not sure it's tied to temporary hps shenanigans anymore, because I've met occurrence where I still had the regen albeit losing the temp hps. Maybe it's timed based now where It should be eternal?

Another possibility (Actually I will test this and come back here with result of test): Maybe using "Final Stance" from PDK class as Valiant (adds 10 regen), removes everything upon expiration rather than just the 10 regen.

Cheers.

Aniel
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: ED: Mounting Resistance

Post by Aniel » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:19 am

Rico_scorpion wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:53 am
Hey,

So the last fix for it made it work better, but there's still an odd behaviour with it. I however didn't pinpoint what's causing it.

Basically I have Mounting resistance II, and I use my character in perma-defensive stance while adventuring.
And after a while I realize that I don't have the 6 hp regen anymore, forcing me to go off stance, wait 30s, and go back into it.

The frequency of that bug is extremely high (as in, it WILL happen), but I'm not sure it's tied to temporary hps shenanigans anymore, because I've met occurrence where I still had the regen albeit losing the temp hps. Maybe it's timed based now where It should be eternal?

Another possibility (Actually I will test this and come back here with result of test): Maybe using "Final Stance" from PDK class as Valiant (adds 10 regen), removes everything upon expiration rather than just the 10 regen.

Cheers.
Hello, thanks for taking the time to make the report.

Is it just the regeneration, or do all other benefits of the stance fall off as well? If that's still the case then I have an idea for what might be causing it. If not then I'll admit I'm not sure what would cause the regeneration to keep falling off. It'll likely require some more thorough digging to pinpoint.

Rico_scorpion

Post by Rico_scorpion » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Next play session with my dude I will test and report back, unfortunately to witness that i can't just log in, check, and log off, have to actually adventure. So whenever I have time, i will ping you here :)

If memory serves, I think it was just the regen falling off, but not 100% sure.

gix gix

Post by gix gix » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:26 pm

It affects all buffs who should last as long as the stance is.

Posted it seperatly for iron stance.
But yes, it effects regeneration from mountain res and iron stance.