Wizard Abjuration Ward Misfiring

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Wizard Abjuration Ward Misfiring

Post by triaddraykin » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:41 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)
Specifically on Wizards, so far as I can tell, if you go to cast Abjuration wards Teleport or Protect, from your self-radial menu, then target either yourself or the floor, you will get 'X Casts Ward Menu' and no cast. This exact process has been tried on a loremaster, and they were able to cast it normally, so I think it's class specific.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Go to Self Radial Menu, Special Abilities, Wizard, Abjuration, Select Protect (Or teleport ward), Target Self or Environment,

Expected Result:
Protect or Teleport spell takes effect

Actual Result:
Result is no effect, and 'X Casts Ward Menu' in combat log.

Screenshot(s)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GhdQso ... sp=sharing

Due to this being closed as 'fixed' previously, I've recorded a public Google Drive video, as issue still occurs as of 10:30 EST 09/04/2021, to prove it is still an issue that hasn't been fixed.

Additional Information/Notes
This is a long-standing bug, and as far as I know, every other method, including -ward as a command, still works as expected.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Eters

Re: Wizard Abjuration Ward Misfiring

Post by Eters » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:01 am

The way it currently works is that you have to either :

1- don't use the self targeted radial menu and instead, right click the environment

2- Quick slot it on your toolbar and never self target.

If you do use the self targeted radial menu or try to target yourself with the spell, it won't fire. Otherwise, it does cast.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:30 am

So far as I can tell, though, that's only as a Wizard. It's an oddity with the class's menu. I haven't had any others besides Loremaster try it right in front of me, but others have claimed to be able to cast it just fine.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Public Tower Discord
Tower Library

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:15 am

So this bug is back, as of today. In the same format. Cast from the self-menu onto the self or floor, instead of right-clicking the floor and going through the menus, and you lose the cast.

Public Tower Discord
Tower Library