Faction Associated Shop With Incorrect Prices

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Memento Mori

Faction Associated Shop With Incorrect Prices

Post by Memento Mori » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:56 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Friend acquired shop, set faction, is letting me put things into it. Things are being bought for not the price I set, despite the fact that the owner hasn't touched items in the shop and the other person in the faction does not have permissions to set custom prices from the sign or the ability to take things out of the shop to put back in.

Steps to reproduce the Bug: I don't even know, honestly.

Expected Result:
Two items put in (30,000 for the stack, partial stack buy turned on, and 475k for a single item) to be bought at said price.

Actual Result:

Biolab00
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Faction Associated Shop With Incorrect Prices

Post by Biolab00 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:54 am

A quick question.
Did your friend set the shop powers correctly?
If it's your faction which you have access to, you can check it yourself from the shop power.
While i can't recall all the powers but there's 2 powers that need to be turned on while the other 2 need to be turn off.

Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:22 am

Biolab00 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:54 am

A quick question.
Did your friend set the shop powers correctly?
If it's your faction which you have access to, you can check it yourself from the shop power.
While i can't recall all the powers but there's 2 powers that need to be turned on while the other 2 need to be turn off.

Shop powers are correctly set, I set it up myself in the faction window.

The shop owning friend has all the capabilities, but has not taken anything from the shop or put anything in yet. To note, my permissions are the same as this.

The other individual is only able to see the shop is owned by the faction, can place items in shop, cannot take items out, and can only set prices when placing.

Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:37 am

I think I see what happened now.

Despite inputting unique prices (which worked for all the other items in the shop), the two affected items were set to the Default Prices instead due to the setting being turned on. Kind of a bummer.

I guess conflicting settings can make things act wonky.

EDIT: Okay, well. Disabling it didn't actually change the wonky-ness. It's still forcing default prices on items, despite the faction feature being turned off. At this point, I'm not sure what's going on or how to 'fix' it on my end.