[Hemomancer/Harbinger] Blood Homunculus Tiers are not consistent between classes

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

NAUX

[Hemomancer/Harbinger] Blood Homunculus Tiers are not consistent between classes

Post by NAUX » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:06 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
The "Create Blood Homunculus" summon stats differ between the summon provided by the Hemomancer spell and the Harbinger "Crimson Countess" ability. The ability scores, stats, etc., should be consistent between the two means of summoning the Homunculus of the same tier.

For example, Tier 3 Summon from Hemomancer has 41 STR, whereas the Harbinger Tier 3 Summon has 44 STR.

No Spell Focus feats were applied on either the Hemomancer (Over 240HP) or the Harbinger (level 27). I did not test the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Hemomancer summons against the Harbinger tiers.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:

1. On a level 27 Harbinger with Crimson Countess path, use the "Create Blood Homunculus" ability and verify the Tier 3 summon ability scores / stats.
  2. On a Hemomancer with level 9 spells and over 240 HP (with or without 10 blood stacks), cast the "Create Blood Homunculus" spell and verify the Tier 3 summon ability scores / stats.
  3. Verify that the scores and stats are not consistent between classes.

Expected Result:
Blood Homunculus summon tiers should match between Hemomancer and Harbinger.

Actual Result:
Harbinger Blood Homunculus summon tiers are stronger than Hemomancer.

Screenshot(s)
Harbinger Blood Homunculus Tiers:

Hemomancer Blood Homonculus Tier 3:

Additional Information/Notes

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [Hemomancer/Harbinger] Blood Homunculus Tiers are not consistent between classes

Post by Amnesy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:53 pm

I will log onto PGCC later to have a look.
I've summed it just on the Live server with a hemo and it has 44 STR, 32AB, and 605 HP as expected.

NAUX

Re: [Hemomancer/Harbinger] Blood Homunculus Tiers are not consistent between classes

Post by NAUX » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:12 pm

You can close this. User error, was not accounting for epic caster level scaling! Thanks for looking in to it.