Epic prowess does nothing for certain class combos

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Dedman1234

Epic prowess does nothing for certain class combos

Post by Dedman1234 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:34 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
Epic Prowess does not increase AB at all for certain classes. Namely, something with the script to apply bonus AB seems to overwrite it when you mix a spellsword with an AA.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Make a spellsword and reach level 7. Multiclass into AA. Pick Epic Prowess in the epics.

Expected Result:
You should gain 1 extra AB.

Actual Result:
You don't get anything.

Screenshot(s)

1. Pre lvl-up. 41 AB
  2. During the level up we pick the epic prowess feat. I specifically picked a level that does not increase epic BAB or our stats. Also went with Fighter to not get more AB from AA to make it clearer to see.
  3. Despite levelling up and picking epic prowess, our AB remains at 41. Reconnecting to the server does nothing, and as you can see in the log, the AB really is lower than it should be, and the lack of an increase is not merely a character chart glitch.
    Additional Information/Notes
    I think whatever method is used to implement spellsword weave AB glitches out whenever you have some other secondary source of AB from feats. A pure spellsword can take epic prowess and benefit from it just fine, same with AA. But when you throw both into the mix, the impact of the feat is lost somewhere along the line. I have tested a few class combos that provide similar AB bonuses, but since I don't know how you guys get this to work, I gave up after a few tries, but other classes might suffer from the same bug. I've searched the forums, and there was a similar problem with epic WMs sometime back, no idea if those two might be connected.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Epic prowess does nothing for certain class combos

Post by Iceborn » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:42 am

Do not trust the readout.
Hit something and see what the actual ab calc is.

Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!