God Saves

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Post Reply
SugarFiend
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:37 am

God Saves

Post by SugarFiend » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:37 am

My question is: does every god count toward every god save? If I have a destruction deity, can I still get a god save on crafting or do I have to attune to someone that does that?

AstralUniverse
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: God Saves

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:48 am

You can get all godsaves on all aspects except with basin. With basin you need to have either a god of magic or K&I, depending on if you want to scale with magic or mundane tiers.
Former Characters: Kirk Senner, Lorian Darkmoon, Rayne Mashavelle, Arkin Abellan, Ryth Ellaniar, Storm Kel Abu'adir.

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Re: God Saves

Post by goblinhero » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:26 pm

Are you sure? I've gotten several godsaves at the basin, serving Nobanion (who is Nature & War).

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:38 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: God Saves

Post by PeterRasta » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Deity System Adjustments:
• Boon removed from aspects (this means that a PC has access to any god save regardless of deity). All god saves operate under the same cooldown (though that is no different than how it is now)
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Eurid Aporos

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

User avatar
MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:43 pm
Location: East Coast

Re: God Saves

Post by MissEvelyn » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:15 pm

As with most recent changes within the last 3 months, the Wiki severely needs to be updated. We still don't have Commoner and Specialist listed at all.
Twily wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 am
Do you like Arelith existing?
If not, please just leave and move on with your life.

Archnon
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:05 am

Re: God Saves

Post by Archnon » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 pm

goblinhero wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:26 pm
Are you sure? I've gotten several godsaves at the basin, serving Nobanion (who is Nature & War).
The last consensus from the powers that be was that everyone could get magic God saves but mundane saves required K&I which may imply that basin saves are impacted by dweomercraft level. This has always been a black box though.

AstralUniverse
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: God Saves

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:31 am

Archnon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 pm
goblinhero wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:26 pm
Are you sure? I've gotten several godsaves at the basin, serving Nobanion (who is Nature & War).
The last consensus from the powers that be was that everyone could get magic God saves but mundane saves required K&I which may imply that basin saves are impacted by dweomercraft level. This has always been a black box though.
I actually understood it differently.

The way I read it, it sounds more like All gods -> all godsaves BUT for the sake of calculating your feats/skills to your MUNDANE dweamocrafting tier, you need K&I or you're tier 0 regardless. I'd be happy to be corrected on this one.
Former Characters: Kirk Senner, Lorian Darkmoon, Rayne Mashavelle, Arkin Abellan, Ryth Ellaniar, Storm Kel Abu'adir.

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:38 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: God Saves

Post by PeterRasta » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:25 pm

AstralUniverse wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:31 am
Archnon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 pm
goblinhero wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:26 pm
Are you sure? I've gotten several godsaves at the basin, serving Nobanion (who is Nature & War).
The last consensus from the powers that be was that everyone could get magic God saves but mundane saves required K&I which may imply that basin saves are impacted by dweomercraft level. This has always been a black box though.
I actually understood it differently.

The way I read it, it sounds more like All gods -> all godsaves BUT for the sake of calculating your feats/skills to your MUNDANE dweamocrafting tier, you need K&I or you're tier 0 regardless. I'd be happy to be corrected on this one.
You stand corrected, then. The update note is to be taken literally. All boons have been removed from deities, including those affiliated with K&I, and furthermore you are eligible to /any/ godsave, regardless of your deity.
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Eurid Aporos

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

User avatar
Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: God Saves

Post by Ork » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:50 pm

PeterRasta wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:25 pm
AstralUniverse wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:31 am
Archnon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 pm


The last consensus from the powers that be was that everyone could get magic God saves but mundane saves required K&I which may imply that basin saves are impacted by dweomercraft level. This has always been a black box though.
I actually understood it differently.

The way I read it, it sounds more like All gods -> all godsaves BUT for the sake of calculating your feats/skills to your MUNDANE dweamocrafting tier, you need K&I or you're tier 0 regardless. I'd be happy to be corrected on this one.
You stand corrected, then. The update note is to be taken literally. All boons have been removed from deities, including those affiliated with K&I, and furthermore you are eligible to /any/ godsave, regardless of your deity.
I'll correct you further. Dweomercrafting tiers gained from skillpoints will only apply if you're attuned to a K&I god.

Archnon
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:05 am

Re: God Saves

Post by Archnon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Ork wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:50 pm
PeterRasta wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:25 pm
AstralUniverse wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:31 am


I actually understood it differently.

The way I read it, it sounds more like All gods -> all godsaves BUT for the sake of calculating your feats/skills to your MUNDANE dweamocrafting tier, you need K&I or you're tier 0 regardless. I'd be happy to be corrected on this one.
You stand corrected, then. The update note is to be taken literally. All boons have been removed from deities, including those affiliated with K&I, and furthermore you are eligible to /any/ godsave, regardless of your deity.
I'll correct you further. Dweomercrafting tiers gained from skillpoints will only apply if you're attuned to a K&I god.
This is correct! But i had always assumed that god-saves were tied to your dweomercraft tier. I suppose that is wrong but I had assumed that to get a mundane save, you needed points in mundane?

User avatar
Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: God Saves

Post by Ork » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:00 pm

I've never received a godsave on dweomercrafting on my K&I-following paladin.

AstralUniverse
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: God Saves

Post by AstralUniverse » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:54 pm

God save is not tied to dweomecrafting in any way then?

Say my character has wizard lvls so Scribe Scrolls by default, then 10 points in craft mastery and my patron is BOTH Magic and K&I. what's my tier for Magic? (lets leave character lvl aside)
Former Characters: Kirk Senner, Lorian Darkmoon, Rayne Mashavelle, Arkin Abellan, Ryth Ellaniar, Storm Kel Abu'adir.

User avatar
Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: God Saves

Post by Ork » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:37 am

Tier for magic is 1, tier for mundane is 2.

Post Reply