Settlement Management Guide?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

SkipiusEsq
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Settlement Management Guide?

Post by SkipiusEsq » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:46 pm

Is there someplace where there is a Settlement Management Guide? I would like to understand how the various aspects of running a settlement work to help manage one effectively. For example, setting buy/sell prices; buying resources from other settlements; determining taxes collected in a given period to help set both tax rates and goals for shops; etc. I saw there was some information on the wiki, but that was pretty basic.

If this is a FOIG thing, I would think that the NPCs that are consistent in the settlements would educate those that are in control to help them properly manage.

Thanks

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Settlement Management Guide?

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:27 pm

I don't believe there is, but when time comes back to me, I'l see about including this in the work in progress player handbook.
Please don't feed my sister.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:38 pm

Its definitely not FOIG and here's the guide I used to learn it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UGQ ... Uf4pw/edit
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

SkipiusEsq

Post by SkipiusEsq » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 pm

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:53 pm

I will say this:

Having a guide and finding out the basics of how settlment mechanics work is absolutly fine. That's only to be expected, it's big, complex and in places very fiddly, so having a guide is an excellent idea.

That. Being. Said.

Don't be afraid of doing things differently, of making mistakes or making chioces your character would make.

Just because your Int 8 barbarian Chaotic Evil became the leader of a settlment, doesn't mean they became an Int 20 Lawful Good King.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)