Question regarding shops and item stacking

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Griefmaker

Question regarding shops and item stacking

Post by Griefmaker » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding items placed into a shop and then changing the price to something other than its default.

I know in the past, I have done this and then once the price has been changed, the items in the shop would never stack with others. So if I had 15 items of type xxx and I had set a custom price, but wanted to combine them with another 20 items of xxx that I had just made so I could sell them all, I could not for some reason.

Is this still a thing?

And if it is, is there a way to make it so you could combine the items either through changing the price back to the default or something else? I know often you can open a crate or something like that, place items in it, then take them back and they can stack...but this does not or at least did not seem to work with items that had their price changed.

Thanks!

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Question regarding shops and item stacking

Post by Anatida » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:25 am

I have never witnessed the issue you describe.

If you remove items from your shop, you can then stack them in your inventory. You can not stack items inside the shop inventory.

I always use custom pricing. I make additional items and stack them with items already in the shop all the time.

Edit: on first removing some items do not stack automatically. However, dragging one stack onto the other will stack them.

I hope this helps! If not, please post specific steps to reproduce the issue.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Griefmaker

Re: Question regarding shops and item stacking

Post by Griefmaker » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:52 am

Excellent! Thank you for the response. Admittedly, it has been about 7-10 years since I have had a shop that has had items which I might want to add to a stack like potions or skleens or the like, so I was not sure if the issue I had before was still present or not.

But it sounds like all is good. Thank you Anatida!