Ranger-Archer, no arrow bundles

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Ragland

Ranger-Archer, no arrow bundles

Post by Ragland » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Ryvvik is an archer, even when holding my longbow and using radial menu I cannot create any arrow bundles. I read the post below but still can't figure it out. Anyone know how to fix this?

Archnon

Re: Ranger-Archer, no arrow bundles

Post by Archnon » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Did the feat transfer properly? I have heard some wild elves have trouble tranfering the innate longbow feat to wf missle.

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Goes for wood elves too.

Ragland

Post by Ragland » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:50 pm

I don't understand about transferring feat, what do I have to do? He is a wild elf.

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:59 pm

When the new grouping of weapons was introduced, existing characters were migrated, so:

WF:Longbow/Shortbow/xbow => WF:Missile
WF:Sling/Throw axe/Dart => WF:Thrown

However, this migration only worked for feats picked by the player, not the bonus ones that wild and wood elves get.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:58 pm

Basically, see if you have WF: Missle. If you don't, but you have WF:Longbow ping a DM

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by The Kriv » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 pm

goblinhero wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:59 pm
When the new grouping of weapons was introduced, existing characters were migrated, so:

However, this migration only worked for feats picked by the player, not the bonus ones that wild and wood elves get.
alright, this is interesting. So... if I make a wood-elf Ranger: Archer Path... in order for my character to successfully make use of the ability to Craft Arrow Bundle, I am required to have "Weapon Focus: Missle Weapon"???

BUT... if I already am granted "Weapon Focus: Missle Weapon" due to my Subrace.. I -still- have to take it anyway.. meaning, I have to burn a feat JUST to craft arrows, even though that feat would essentially be redundant?

Considering that "RANGER" is the Favored Class of the Wood Elf... and "Archer Path" pretty much is the GO TO path for any Ranger Build that is not designed to be a dual-weild Ranger Build... this kind of seems like a very pointless racial gift... Since I have to take it ANYWAY to activat my 'create arrow bundle'

What if we changed the racial bonus of "Weapon Focus: Missle" for Wood Elves to "Weapon Specialization: Missle Weapon" -which would grant every Wood Elf a +2 damage bonus over a +1 attack (from the Weapon Focus)

And that way Wood Elf Rangers... who take the Archer Path... don't have to DOUBLE UP on a feat JUST to gain the benefit of the Path.

Which btw.. begs the question: ARE THERE ANY OTHER PATHS THAT REQUIRE A FEAT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A BENEFIT GRANTED BY THAT PATH?

maybe there are.. I can't think of any... but I don't know all the paths of every spec off the top of my head.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Vespidae

Post by Vespidae » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:35 am

How about: making bundles doesn't require a feat at all, just the weapon to be in hand, and the Archer path?

That way players who take Ranger levels later on and select the Archer path don't have to spend a feat immediately (or at all if they really don't want to)

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:41 am

New characters work fine - new Wood elves get WF:Missile for free and can make bundles. The problem is only for existing Wood Elf characters prior to the new grouping of weapons

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Vespidae wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:35 am
How about: making bundles doesn't require a feat at all, just the weapon to be in hand, and the Archer path?

That way players who take Ranger levels later on and select the Archer path don't have to spend a feat immediately (or at all if they really don't want to)
cant chose a path past 1st level
Yes I can sign

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:56 am

The Kriv wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 pm
goblinhero wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:59 pm

alright, this is interesting. So... if I make a wood-elf Ranger: Archer Path... in order for my character to successfully make use of the ability to Craft Arrow Bundle, I am required to have "Weapon Focus: Missle Weapon"???

BUT... if I already am granted "Weapon Focus: Missle Weapon" due to my Subrace.. I -still- have to take it anyway.. meaning, I have to burn a feat JUST to craft arrows, even though that feat would essentially be redundant?

Considering that "RANGER" is the Favored Class of the Wood Elf... and "Archer Path" pretty much is the GO TO path for any Ranger Build that is not designed to be a dual-weild Ranger Build... this kind of seems like a very pointless racial gift... Since I have to take it ANYWAY to activat my 'create arrow bundle'

What if we changed the racial bonus of "Weapon Focus: Missle" for Wood Elves to "Weapon Specialization: Missle Weapon" -which would grant every Wood Elf a +2 damage bonus over a +1 attack (from the Weapon Focus)

And that way Wood Elf Rangers... who take the Archer Path... don't have to DOUBLE UP on a feat JUST to gain the benefit of the Path.

Which btw.. begs the question: ARE THERE ANY OTHER PATHS THAT REQUIRE A FEAT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A BENEFIT GRANTED BY THAT PATH?

maybe there are.. I can't think of any... but I don't know all the paths of every spec off the top of my head.
I’m not sure what you are getting at.

If you already have the feat, you can’t choose it again. You aren’t spending a feat for one you have. You’ll need to further elaborate your point here.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Vespidae

Post by Vespidae » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:06 am

Ebonstar wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:33 pm
Vespidae wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:35 am

cant chose a path past 1st level
You literally can, you use the -path command

The Kriv

Post by The Kriv » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:35 pm

Spyre wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:56 am

I’m not sure what you are getting at.

If you already have the feat, you can’t choose it again. You aren’t spending a feat for one you have. You’ll need to further elaborate your point here.
maybe I misinterpreted previous posts.

I willt ry to elaborate my understanding, and hopefully you can correct me on it.

Goblinhero wrote:

And I think I might have misinterpreted this, but it seemed to me what was being said is that
WF:Longbow/shortbow/xbow is converted to WF:Missile
-but that it only counts for the feats that were chosen by the character, and not by the feats that were granted by the custom racial bonus that choosing Wood/Wild elf get, which was WF:Longbow.

which, Ryvvik was saying that he was having trouble with creating the arrow bundles... and that he was a wild-elf... and I put together 2+2, and that if he was a Wild Elf... and received WF:Longbow as a racial bonus... and then that feat was -not- converted into WF:Missle... because it was as Goblinhero stated that ONLY player-Chose WF:longbow was granted the conversion... but because WF:Missle is what's required to make Arrows via Bundles (with weapon equipped)... then that would mean that Ryvvik would need to CHOSE WF:Missle -JUST- to make Arrow Bundles... even though he had the Racial Feat bonus WF:Longbow.

So I was suggesting... that if racial: WF:Longbow granted by Wood Elf / Wild Elf -does not- qualify for the required feat to activate the Arrow-Bundle creation... then that means that characters who are WOOD ELF and WILD ELF races have to take the feat WF:Missle... even though they have WF:Longbow.... JUST to create arrows from bundles.

Meanwhile... EVERY other character must take WF:Missle as a chosen feat... where Wood Elf/Wild Elves get WF:Longbow already.. there wouldn't be a need for those Wild Elf and Wood Elf characters to ever choos WF:Missle... unless they were Ranger:ARcher path... just to create ammunition.

Thus my suggestion to change the bonus racial feat of WeaponFocus:Longbow... to WeaponSepcialization: longbow.,, since that limits the racial bonus SPECIFICALLY to the chosen weapon of elves (The Longbow) and would keep with the spirit of the racial bonus limited SPECIFICALLY to the LONGBOW (cuz you know, Elf=Longbow.)

Capice?
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:02 am

No need to change that. They should not be getting WF: Longbow , etc. They should be getting WF: Missle.

Weapon Specialization is moot at that point.

The old ones that didn't get it just need to be migrated to have it swap over. I think Silvard is working on that.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Silent Note

Post by Silent Note » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:23 am

Is there an update to this issue? I just re-leveled my wood elf and I have this same problem where she has the innate Weapon Focus (Longbow) instead of the new grouped Weapon Focus (missile).

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:15 am

I’d need people’s character names with the issue so I can fix them.