Accidentally -relevel'ed

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Silent Note

Accidentally -relevel'ed

Post by Silent Note » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:09 pm

So uh... I did something really stupid. As I logged in after a long absence, I noticed the system message showing that "This character qualifies for a relevel, enter -relevel ? to find out more information." something to that effect.

All good except that unfortunately I did not notice the command was -relevel ? instead of -relevel. And I entered -relevel.

Without any confirmation my character is back to level 1! :lol: I could probably level up all the way back except that I don't quite remember my build anymore.

So dear DMs, is there anyway to roll back the process? Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Accidentally -relevel'ed

Post by R0GUE » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:11 pm

Silent Note wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:09 pm
So uh... I did something really stupid. As I logged in after a long absence, I noticed the system message showing that "This character qualifies for a relevel, enter -relevel ? to find out more information." something to that effect.

All good except that unfortunately I did not notice the command was -relevel ? instead of -relevel. And I entered -relevel.

Without any confirmation my character is back to level 1! :lol: I could probably level up all the way back except that I don't quite remember my build anymore.

So dear DMs, is there anyway to roll back the process? Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
You might check your local NWN char folders to see if you ever either saved your character on the character select screen or exported them from inside the game. That would let you view your character in a local vault game and check out your build. Just an idea, and also a note that its a good practice to have a local vault clone of your character just in case stuff like this happens.

Silent Note

Post by Silent Note » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:13 am

R0GUE wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:11 pm
You might check your local NWN char folders to see if you ever either saved your character on the character select screen or exported them from inside the game. That would let you view your character in a local vault game and check out your build. Just an idea, and also a note that its a good practice to have a local vault clone of your character just in case stuff like this happens.
Thanks for the great suggestion. I looked through all my backup files (back to 2010! :o ) But didn't manage to find a good save.

Anyway I was suggested by DM to use the PGCC (that's new to me) to tweak around until I'm happy with a build. So thanks for everybody's time!

Skarain

Post by Skarain » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 am

Using Spreadsheets (Excel, for example) is a great tool for rebuilding or building characters aswell. Allows you to see each individual level and what you get by them. Just test run in PGCC afterwards tho, to weed out mistakes or oversights regarding some prequisites to feats and so.