Outlaws

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DarkFuneral209
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Outlaws

Post by DarkFuneral209 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello,

Due to some IG activities in Skal. A few PCs and myself want to create a Outlaw group.

I would like to discuss or in private messages with a DM about etiquette or ways to go about this without getting banned or ways to make this more of a fun event and not so PVP related.

I have been brainstorming but I would gladly like some pointers if you have been though this sort of RP before.

Thanks

Shagrath Vivisector 4AR-32AR (Deceased)
Gorgoth Deathcrush 30AR-50AR (Deceased)
Blashyrh Exordium - Retired Cordor Guard
Tolstoy - Forest Rambler & Elf Nationlist
Abiff - Traveling Mage
Malory - Faceless

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Outlaws

Post by Echohawk » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Either ping in game through the DM channel, or send a PM to the 'active DM group' to open up a conversation. There is also discord for reaching out to DMs if you have specific questions or plot ideas.

Essentially if you know the big 5, you're not going to run into too much trouble and won't come anywhere near getting banned. Everyone gets warned first if they make a mistake, unless it's really awful smutty stuff. (see PG 13 rule)

1 - Stay IC no (...) or // ... is advised to be stated aloud, use tells. Use in character knowledge only. But feel free to use tells to communicate with others privately, respectfully. Don't act like death doesn't matter to your character because you can respawn.

2 - PVP is probably your biggest thing to be aware of, it has two really big parts.
a. Interaction before PVP, mandatory. Characters that try to ignore roleplay, running away, are not immune to PVP. But one lining and then dropping the anvil is also really lame as a move. Repeated behaviors of one liners can get you into trouble.
b. 24 hour rule, when someone on either side is killed they do not get to interact for a full rl 24 hours. If no one dies, the rule isn't in effect. This rule can be waived but it does need to be agreed upon by both sides. This includes raising the person you killed, it must be waived beforehand. People that accidentally find themselves in the proximity or area as a person they have the 24 hour rule with should immediately course correct as quickly as possible, accidents do happen.

3 - Stealing, pickpocket and stealing from a quarter chest is 1 per 24 hours. (Meaning one stack of x100 arrows is fine even though there's 100 arrows it's one item.)

4 - PG 13 and be nice, the PG 13 is no sexyfuntimes, shouldn't be an issue. Be nice is courtesy between players and not taking aggression or rudeness from in game to out of game. Characters might not get along but players should always be able to.

5 - I mean a DM is always going to be the shot caller, though on this server depending on if you do a lot of events or not you may or may not hear from them all that much. If you disagree with what a DM has done you can report to the head DM, DM Atropos (as of this post).

Beyond that you can have as much fun as you like, antagonist roleplay is a unique challenge.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:34 pm

Also if your Outlaw group is very high (21+), I would recommend finding a reason to do this on the mainland, else, you may find NPCs will take action against this lawlessness themselves and send you to the cells or banish you from the island.

Keep it temporary: Eventually your outlaw will be caught. You will have to hide outside of town or disguise yourself, and eventually your disguise won't do you any good. Know when it is time to go, time to surrender, or make death more meaningful and discontinue the crime spree after dying. As per point one, this is highly discouraged to do post level 20.

Know what you are after: Gold? Rare items? Disruption against a specific faction? Keep your actions centered on that, and less on the violence.

Your goal is to make sure your victims have fun (More fun than you, even, if possible.) As long as you center your actions and theme around that, you should be fine. Skal doens't cater well this sort of thing long-term, but you could fit in a short event of this and see how it goes.
Please don't feed my sister.

JubJub

Post by JubJub » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Also keep in mind Skal is a starter area so new characters aren't going to want to get jumped and robbed everytime they leave the city. So it's good to have a goal besides just robbing folks.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:27 pm

While Skal is a starter area, that shouldn't mandate that characters are safe from conflict. I welcome our new outlaw overlords.

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:34 pm

DM Titania wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:34 pm
Also if your Outlaw group is very high (21+), I would recommend finding a reason to do this on the mainland, else, you may find NPCs will take action against this lawlessness themselves and send you to the cells or banish you from the island.

Keep it temporary: Eventually your outlaw will be caught. You will have to hide outside of town or disguise yourself, and eventually your disguise won't do you any good. Know when it is time to go, time to surrender, or make death more meaningful and discontinue the crime spree after dying. As per point one, this is highly discouraged to do post level 20.

Know what you are after: Gold? Rare items? Disruption against a specific faction? Keep your actions centered on that, and less on the violence.

Your goal is to make sure your victims have fun (More fun than you, even, if possible.) As long as you center your actions and theme around that, you should be fine. Skal doens't cater well this sort of thing long-term, but you could fit in a short event of this and see how it goes.
Just small question..."As per point one, this is highly discouraged to do post level 20."
What do you mean by that exactly?
We should play bandits past lvl 20?
Or we should care more About death past that lvl?
Or you should be on skall past that lvl...

Sorry to ask...I just didnt get it :D

JubJub

Post by JubJub » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:23 pm

Ork wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:27 pm
While Skal is a starter area, that shouldn't mandate that characters are safe from conflict. I welcome our new outlaw overlords.
No one said they should be safe just that people will get frustrated fast if it seems like outlaws are always camping out in writ areas or any time they leave the city they get attacked. Especially if the bandits are approaching epic lvls. Hence why making an outlaw group who simply wants to rob folks usually doesn't end well. it's usually best to have other goals for the group.

I believe Titania meant that once you near epic lvls it's usually time to move to the mainland so it doesn't become just epic lvl pcs attacking lowbies. Then it starts to seem more like griefing over rp and all sides having fun. it's usually bad form when epics seem to only lurk in areas low lvls inhabit. So once you near epic lvls it's time to move to where there will be some challenge.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:47 pm

CptJonas wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:34 pm
DM Titania wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:34 pm

Just small question..."As per point one, this is highly discouraged to do post level 20."
What do you mean by that exactly?
It means that the level range for most is well under 20. You need to be mindful of that and the setting. Just play to make a story and not to win and you should be fine.
Please don't feed my sister.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:21 am

JubJub wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:23 pm
Ork wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:27 pm
No one said they should be safe just that people will get frustrated fast if it seems like outlaws are always camping out in writ areas or any time they leave the city they get attacked. Especially if the bandits are approaching epic lvls. Hence why making an outlaw group who simply wants to rob folks usually doesn't end well. it's usually best to have other goals for the group.
You might not have been around Skal during the Talassian occupation, but that was some of the best roleplay I've had and they routinely killed people.

I'm trying to say - don't pull punches just because it's Skal.

JubJub

Post by JubJub » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:10 pm

And remember the server is suppose to be fun for all, no one wants to get jumped everytime they leave a town. Getting attacked sometimes fine, but if everytime you go to do a writ and folks attack you well people will get frustrated and leave. The whole purpose of a group shouldn't be pvp.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:10 pm

I'd love to get jumped everytime i leave if it means some quality roleplay. If you couldn't tell im being contrarian only because you're making posts of broad sweeping generalizations on what you want and like.

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:48 am

And last topic...dont do this just on low levels...this type of RP is best on higher levels bcs max or near max level players wouldnt be as much harrased by your actions as someone doing writs...

Have Pufferfish to go with you party into lowerdark and ambush/rob people who are going into epic dungeons...

That could create some interesting RP...and if not, then atleast great fight :D