New update breaks mods - can anyone confirm?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Aurian

New update breaks mods - can anyone confirm?

Post by Aurian » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Can someone confirm / deny that the new NWN EE update does, indeed, break all mods?

And if it does, can someone confirm / deny that we will no longer be able to access Arelith without this mod-breaking update?

There's some old content (not likely to get updated with fixes) I really want to finish, such as Dance with Rogues part II, Prophet and Swordflight. Like many others, I bought NWN EE for the mods and while Arelith is fabulous and all, having to choose between it and all that cool single player content would be a tough call.

Thanks for clarification! I'm afraid of downloading the patch to make the experiment myself... :oops:

Edit to add: also, do any of you tech buffs know if it's possible to run two different versions of NWN EE on a PC and a laptop?

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: New update breaks mods - can anyone confirm?

Post by MalKalz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:56 pm

The other modules will need to update to the latest version if you are on the newest patch. Otherwise you can not access it. You can always go back to the previous old stable to play other servers until they migrate to the latest version.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Aurian

Post by Aurian » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Spyre wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:56 pm
The other modules will need to update to the latest version if you are on the newest patch. Otherwise you can not access it. You can always go back to the previous old stable to play other servers until they migrate to the latest version.
The old SP modules are very unlikely to ever receive updates. :cry:

Still, if someone could help me with the 'two game versions' question for PC and Laptop, that would be awesome!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Beamdog forums really are the best place for such questions.

Aurian

Post by Aurian » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:11 pm

To anyone wondering - I did some research and it seems not everyone is affected. Maybe it's only certain modules that are borked, or only some players with specific setups.