Spellsword- erratic HP gained when leveling

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Ameliorate

Spellsword- erratic HP gained when leveling

Post by Ameliorate » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:42 am

I have a spellsword with 14 constitution. From levels 1-3 they got 10 hp (d8 + 2 for con bonus.) When I leveled to 4 I only got 6 hp.

That seemed like a bug so I reported. But then I tested two spellswords on the PGCC. On the one with the exact same build the same thing happened- 10 hp per level from 1 to 3, 6 at 4. Then they got 10 hp per level again up until 11. Then at 12 they got 18 hp for some reason.

The other had different stats and also got erratic amounts of hp per level, though they weren't the same pattern as mine.

Is this expected behavior or is something broken behind the scenes?

Ameliorate

Re: Spellsword- erratic HP gained when leveling

Post by Ameliorate » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:53 pm

"Bump" since I am not sure I should be playing my spellsword. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ameliorate

Post by Ameliorate » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:10 pm

*Bump* again. I can't seem to get a response from anyone on this. Are erratic HP on spellswords normal? I am thinking at this point I should just delete the bugged character.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:59 am

its a bug.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Ameliorate

Post by Ameliorate » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:18 am

Thanks. What does that mean exactly, though? Does it even out eventually, if my spellsword is missing HP would a DM assist, etc?

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:01 am

According to my tests, you start as a vanilla mage with d4 hp, you pick the path and you dont get those hp back, and from that point your hp scales accordingly to spellswords. So for example, starting with 14 con, you get 6 hp at lvl 1 and then 10 hp every lvl from that point as should, but without getting those 4 hp of lvl 1.

DMs cant help you.... yet.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too