UMD questions

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

tilted-one

UMD questions

Post by tilted-one » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:43 am

What is UMD used for now and how high should I get it if I don't want to take feats/gear to pump it up?

I'm wanting to make a rogue and I'm not sure how much to put in it now that I've read about some of the changes. I haven't played much of the server and don't know much about stuff either.

AstralUniverse

Re: UMD questions

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:33 pm

It is used for everything in vanilla except scrolls which use lore instead. The UMD you want for wands is 15. For other items locked behind class/race/alignments the values change and reach as high as... something like 60. You can check the crafting lists on the wiki and the items detail their umd requirements.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Wuthering

Re: UMD questions

Post by Wuthering » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:16 pm

There are some really nice daggers for assassins that most rogues would probably want to use and I think their UMD is 30.

That's probably the primary thing you'd want to go for, there are some others like ranger armors that have UMD 50+ and may or may not be worth the investment but the Dead Man's Cross is the big reason a rogue would go over the 15 you need for wands.