Getting a new to Arelith freind IG mentoring?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

UilliamNebel

Getting a new to Arelith freind IG mentoring?

Post by UilliamNebel » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Hey all,

A friend from the Discord server for the DungeonCast decided to join here, and is starting a rogue character looking to write about the island in character as a scholarly adventure type.

So, have two challenges to helping them.

1, I only have my main, a much higher level and anti civilization leaning ranger. So the social connections in Cordor and other places a new character like this could be helped with, mine just doesn't have.

2, Just the gap in level, is an issue for in game help directly. Would be able to assist them as I would IG any traveler of the roads as a ranger. But would wreck any writs or in general adventuring they were doing.

Was thinking of making an alt, and staring them low level to assist them in exploring and adventuring. But not sure if that is the best way to go here.

Huschpfusch

Re: Getting a new to Arelith freind IG mentoring?

Post by Huschpfusch » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:43 pm

UilliamNebel wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:24 pm
Was thinking of making an alt, and staring them low level to assist them in exploring and adventuring. But not sure if that is the best way to go here.
If you coordinate character concepts with your friend it could really become the best solution.
You can make a dynamic duo of characters like scholarly rogue type and his scholarly assistant / or butler / or familyemployedmercenaryprotectorgoon...
You know, a memorable duo to follow in the tradition of dynamic adventure stories such as:
Sherlock(pick) Holmes and Dr Wattson(ofaCensored), Phileas Fogg(Cloudd) and Passepartout(Donjons)...
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

ReverentBlade

Re: Getting a new to Arelith freind IG mentoring?

Post by ReverentBlade » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:16 am

Unfortunately, low level alts are the only way to reasonably assist a new character in their adventurers. The server is entirely unaccommodating toward making mentoring or apprenticeship RP mechanically viable.