News on weapons...

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

CptJonas

News on weapons...

Post by CptJonas » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Any news on those new weapons (looking at you falchion)?
Any posible dáte when will it be up and running?

(i moust definetly dont have 1 lvl WM ready and waiting for it :D)

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: News on weapons...

Post by Irongron » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:17 pm

I spoke with Morderon today on this topic, and am told this is due to model issues corrupting characters, and the need thoroughly check each.

Not only did we experience this with Sai, but it is also an issue with the nwn default lance.

Unfortunately much as I would love to see them added I cannot give an ETA yet.

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Irongron wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:17 pm
I spoke with Morderon today on this topic, and am told this is due to model issues corrupting characters, and the need thoroughly check each.

Not only did we experience this with Sai, but it is also an issue with the nwn default lance.

I have seen mounted PC halflings with lances in game. Are these added?

Temporarily back to Arelith and currently Lilliana Snowfire.

If you have unfinished business with Ultrianan, let me know! Arabella has been rolled.

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:27 pm

What about the new looks for all weapons that was approved... or is that the same issue?

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:26 am

Irongron wrote:

Thx a lot...and no preasure...just asking ;)
Better if it up late and working perfectly, then early with some insane bugs (dont be Blizzard guys :D :D :D )

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Are all these weapons definitely being implemented?

Specifically, there have been a lot of comments and discussion saying the introducing a 2h 18-20 weapon is not a good balancing move and will just make everyone go Falchion (vs current mix of various 2h options).

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:57 pm

Quidix wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Specifically, there have been a lot of comments and discussion saying the introducing a 2h 18-20 weapon is not a good balancing move and will just make everyone go Falchion (vs current mix of various 2h options).
Is that so? Then remove scimitar and Scythe...Same problém here...

As I would say...if you have problem with everyone favoriting crit weapons...maybe buff other weapons or nerf crit...

But there is no reason why not to make crit weapons of both sorths in both 2h and 1h category...

After all...those with powa gamer mind will allways find a way...like we could see with small races 2h scimitar WMs...

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:51 pm

Well, I don't think it's comparable for a few reasons:

1) The new Falchion is martial rather than exotic [unlike Scythe and Kurkri], and so does not require an extra feat
2) Currently medium races can get a 1h crit superior weapon without spending a feat, and small races can get a 2h crit superior weapon without spending a feat - but neither can get both
2) The new Falchion has a higher base damage than Scimitar
3) Small races do get a strength penalty [so in combination with 2) there's a 2.5-3.5 base dmg difference]

Now, if Kukris and Scythe become martial instead, it would be more comparable, I'd agree.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:23 pm

Quidix wrote:

We've been sitting on scimitars/rapiers as the go-to wm weapon since forever. Those two are by far superior to other weapons of choice. What harm can possibly happen by adding falchion? Its not like its better than rapier and board (perhaps except how it looks visually).
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Quidix » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Quidix wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:51 pm
Now, if Kukris and Scythe become martial instead, it would be more comparable, I'd agree.
If we make all these weapons available as martial, sure.

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:30 pm

Quidix wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:51 pm
Well, I don't think it's comparable for a few reasons:

1) The new Falchion is martial rather than exotic [unlike Scythe and Kurkri], and so does not require an extra feat
2) Currently medium races can get a 1h crit superior weapon without spending a feat, and small races can get a 2h crit superior weapon without spending a feat - but neither can get both
2) The new Falchion has a higher base damage than Scimitar
3) Small races do get a strength penalty [so in combination with 2) there's a 2.5-3.5 base dmg difference]

1) second point

2) Yeah...my point...give both off those options to both..

2) like it makes so much more difference...by me...give it to me even with samé damage as dagger :D

3) As point 2...OMG...nearly 4 damage difference...man...we are not min maxers...atleast all off us... We just want big twohanded sword that crits on every second hit...bcs we love crits...

And not all small races have it...Derro...or master race for small WM...wild dwarf... :D

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:45 am

CptJonas wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:30 pm
2) like it makes so much more difference...by me...give it to me even with samé damage as dagger :D
Kukri. 1d4 18-20 crit.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:57 am

Irongron wrote:

could we not get another server like ravenloft to help? they've had these weapons for years

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Eh, alright.

Yeah, add falchions.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Can't go wrong on that one.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Kuma wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:57 am
Irongron wrote:

could we not get another server like ravenloft to help? they've had these weapons for years
Ravenloft: "It's FOIG"
xD
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:46 pm

Tarkus the dog wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:30 pm
Eh, alright.

Yeah, add falchions.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Can't go wrong on that one.
Laughs.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

Void

Post by Void » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:06 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:23 pm
Quidix wrote:

We've been sitting on scimitars/rapiers as the go-to wm weapon since forever. Those two are by far superior to other weapons of choice. What harm can possibly happen by adding falchion? Its not like its better than rapier and board (perhaps except how it looks visually).
You already should be able -twohand a scimitar, and by doing that you'll get roughly the same thing as falchion.

Nwn2 has a falchion which is 2d4. 2d4 means it forms a bell curve in damage output and has 1.5 more average damage than scimitar (5 on average for falchion, 3.5 on average for scimitar).

Nwn1 also does not have monkey grip and does not allow dual-wielding two large weapon, wield a falchion with a shield and so on.

So it is really not a big difference compared to everything else you have.
Another forum ban, here we go again.