Faction Pay

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

theCountofMonteCristo
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Faction Pay

Post by theCountofMonteCristo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:17 pm

So it didn't really get answered Here, so I'll ask again here:

1) Why did Faction pay get disabled?
2) Is it permanent or will it be returned sometime (soon?)?

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Faction Pay

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:05 pm

My best theory is that it discourages remaining in a faction while inactive for the salary but, allows people to keep members without feeling the need to prune them in order to avoid fund wasting from the administrative side. This also has the side-effect of forcing faction interaction if you want to get paid, which I'd argue is somewhat of a benefit, atmospherically.

I had been thinking it might be a viable alternative to give anyone with control of salaries the ability to see a faction member's last log-in date/time, to both make it easier to turn off payments for inactive members, leave them as members that can have their pay reinstated when they return, and find out what time-slot that player is playing in if they aren't seeing them so they can find an intermediary or arrange a meeting.

It wouldn't stop people from logging in for five seconds and logging off, but perhaps it could require X amount of RP ticks to be considered an "active log-in" for purposes of tracking?
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

DangerDolphin

Re: Faction Pay

Post by DangerDolphin » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Please fix this! It's such a shame to have it broken.