Can you explain how MULING ATTEMPT works?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

alper

Can you explain how MULING ATTEMPT works?

Post by alper » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:56 am

Hi
Some time ago I handed a couple of items that give lore bonuses to a friend. After that, that friend tried to give these items to another character of mine. This is where I learned of the mechanic that informs you of a "MULING ATTEMPT".
I'm guessing this mechanic is there to prevent people from abusing the system but it's not clear to me. I mean its conditions and limitations.
I would like to change materials from one character to another to craft a single item be it armor or a potion. Is there an accepted way to do this? I'm not seeking to make a profit off it, nor trying to create an economy, a production chain or something like that. I just want to craft a final item for the right character. Suppose I found a crucial material that is needed like a star sapphire, how do I transport that item to my other character that crafts the desired item and after that to another character that wants to wear it? Do I have to wait for a period of time? Is there a forum thread that explains this whole process or is this one of IG information?
Best regards,
Alper.

Mister Badhorse

Re: Can you explain how MULING ATTEMPT works?

Post by Mister Badhorse » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:59 am

Your characters can never share items. In fact, they aren't allowed to even know each other, as there is no physical way for them to interact.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:28 pm

Mister Badhorse wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:59 am
Your characters can never share items. In fact, they aren't allowed to even know each other, as there is no physical way for them to interact.
This basicaly. Your characters should be 100% seperate from each other. They shouldn't share ANY items at all in any way shape or form.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:51 pm

this is why you get to know crafters as well who are other players. you never use an alt to craft your own gear.
Yes I can sign

DM Rex

Post by DM Rex » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:19 pm

Most players encounter this situation by accident. I know on my first time I sure did.
But whenever you touch an item (fixture, weapon, armor, consumable, healing kit, et all) the database automatically logs this interaction with you. So if you were to remake the character and have a buddy hand you your old stuff back you will run into this issue. Best idea is to just let go of what was, you can reobtain all old gear and belongings, or remake it as need be.

Best Rich Face

Post by Best Rich Face » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:19 pm

However, you probably don't need to sweat bullets if you accidentally pick up a bottle of wine that wasn't clearly marked "OWNED BY YOUR LAST CHARACTER."

in recent years, summary executions for this behavior has decreased drastically.