Multiple Characters: Citizenship/Storage

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Multiple Characters: Citizenship/Storage

Post by Skibbles » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 am

I can't seem to locate a definitive answer on the forums or the wiki about having multiple characters being citizens of different areas.

Is this allowed?

I'm not interested in elections - only district storage.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Ebonstar

Re: Multiple Characters: Citizenship/Storage

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:58 am

if they are non related settlements, I have had one in cordor and one in brog and it wasnt an issue due to never interacting

but only one vote per cd key is allowed so i dont think it matters
Yes I can sign

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 pm

Per the wiki,
As a major, mandatory rule, you may own one quarter or guildhouse per player ( not per character) only. If you have another in your possession, you should try to sell or give away the other a soon as possible.
http://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Quarter

So Ebonstar is unfortunately incorrect, and shouldn't be allowed to own two quarters. I believe the bigger issue is making sure there are enough quarters to go around. You should probably sell one, bro.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

Gouge Away

Post by Gouge Away » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:30 pm

So Ebonstar is unfortunately incorrect, and shouldn't be allowed to own two quarters. I believe the bigger issue is making sure there are enough quarters to go around. You should probably sell one, bro.

No... Every character you have can be a citizen somewhere and take advantage of the up to 12 storage slots in district storage-- that is the question. Only one can have a quarter and only one (not necessarily the same one) can have a shop but everyone can access district storage.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Dalenger wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 pm
Per the wiki,
As a major, mandatory rule, you may own one quarter or guildhouse per player ( not per character) only. If you have another in your possession, you should try to sell or give away the other a soon as possible.

This is incorrect. You can be a citizen and get storage in as many characters as you want.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:56 am

Xerah wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:27 pm
Dalenger wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 pm
Per the wiki,

This is incorrect. You can be a citizen and get storage in as many characters as you want.
Ah, I'm a bit behind the times it seems. Didn't realize we were talking about citizen storage. My bad.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

DM Rex

Post by DM Rex » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:41 am

You can even have all your character in the same city storage, it doesn't matter.
Crossover issues and big brothering are more when your stories and actions and opinions of your character all cross over.
There is no limit to character, settlement storage. But if you don't log in for a time you can lose your citizenship on that character.

The things inside should remain in tact, but you'll have to repurchase your citizenship if that happens.
(Unless they don't remain in tact, I've actually never tested this.)

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:17 am

Thanks everyone for the replies this is good news and helpful!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.