how to change multiplayer login?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Seven Sons of Sin

how to change multiplayer login?

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:57 pm

I am struggling to regain my incognito, multi-playername status. Do I go through the nwnplayer.ini file? Some other file?
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: how to change multiplayer login?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:17 pm

It's not nwnplayer.ini anymore. Instead, you have to use Ctrl + Shift + F12 in game, go to the config tab, find the client.identity header, and change your playername there.

Add a ? at the end if you want it to prompt you for confirmation every time you log in.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:44 pm

The Rambling Midget wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:17 pm
It's not nwnplayer.ini anymore. Instead, you have to use Ctrl + Shift + F12 in game, go to the config tab, find the client.identity header, and change your playername there.

Add a ? at the end if you want it to prompt you for confirmation every time you log in.
holy mary matre that's obtuse. but thanks Rambling. you come through.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:00 am

As an aside, you can also change it in settings.tml (in your Documents / Neverwinter Nights, if you're running default install locations) in much the same way as we used to with nwnplayer.

You're after the name entry under [client.identity].