Climb Skill Question

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Za-Lord~s Guard

Climb Skill Question

Post by Za-Lord~s Guard » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:15 pm

New Skill: Climb
------------------------

(After 2nd Reset)

Climb is rolled in order to... Climb.

Fighters, rogues, rangers, assassins, arcane archers, harpers, zhents, monks and barbarians no longer receive +1 per climb per level.

Air genasi and level 12+ swashbucklers no longer automatically pass climb checks. Instead air genasi receive half of their total level as a bonus, and swashbucklers receive half of their class level.

All of the aforementioned classes have Climb as a class skill. All other classes can pay the cross-class tax.
Are fey to receive a similar bonus to genasi for this, considering their wings? Similar for wing-bearing shapeshift forms?
"I don't believe in fairies!" - Harry Dresden, the Dresden Files

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Climb Skill Question

Post by Irongron » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:39 pm

It's a good idea. I'll raise it.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Additionally, just to be 100% crystal clear - Swashbucklers do receive the Climb skill?
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by The Kriv » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:43 pm

Seven Sons of Sin wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:46 pm
Additionally, just to be 100% crystal clear - Swashbucklers do receive the Climb skill?
Swashbucklers get the advantageous climb bonus described in the recent update, yes
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Gecko546

Post by Gecko546 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:21 pm

My character is a ranger who just turned lvl 30 yesterday... as I can't level anymore I assume I'll have to ask to relevel if I want to add points into the new climb skill? Has it been rolled out yet? I see a weird "unavailable" skill at the bottom of my skill list... and when I went to make a new character to see if I could add points into a climb skill it wasn't listed as an option.