Language learning formula changed?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

SkipiusEsq
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Language learning formula changed?

Post by SkipiusEsq » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 pm

Was the formula for calculating increases to languages changed recently? I play a level 10 Loremaster with a 38 INT (with gear) and Gift of Tongues. I had tracked how long it used to take me to learn languages. Seems that over the past few days, the rate has dropped rather drastically. A conversation that would have resulted in an increase of 6% is now giving me 2%.

I am also noting that when I'm teaching a language people are also learning slower, but now instead of going up 1%, they go up 2%. As a tutor the increase makes sense, but the speed is slowed.

Not asking for the formula, just asking if there has been a change. Otherwise it may be some kind of weird glitch with my language books.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Language learning formula changed?

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:41 pm

It actually seems a little faster to me, now. I think that the lore comprehension change may have something to do with it. I've been making good progress just from conversations. Nothing as dense as text heavy language lessons.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill