[Help] Is there another way to download the update?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Taroson

[Help] Is there another way to download the update?

Post by Taroson » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:09 am

I haven't played on Arelith, let alone Neverwinter Nights in about a year. I just recently moved to a VERY rural area that only has a 6MBPS internet connection and there are no other options until something like Starlink comes along. With that said, whenever I try to log into Arelith and download those files, it CONSTANTLY fails and disconnects. In order to restart the download, I need to re-login to get it going again. During this process, I maybe get 3% done each time and it's incredibly frustrating.

Is there any way to download these files another way and have them imported/installed to my game?

Thank you!

Reallylongunneededplayername

Re: [Help] Is there another way to download the update?

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:41 pm

No idea is this is a solution for you but,

If you have 4g there, I mean.. Mobile phones 'n stuff, Then hook up onto your phone to download it.
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:39 pm

Taroson wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:09 am
Are you Alt-Tabbing / Minimizing NWN when the NWNSync is running to download files? I've noticed, on my end at least, when doing so the download gets interrupted sometimes.

Taroson

Post by Taroson » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:48 am

I get 1, MAYBE 2 bars of service when I'm lucky. I've tried running my phone as a hotspot before and my speeds were even slower.

I am not alt-tabbing. I guess I'll just have to sit while I do paperwork and keep refreshing/loggin in.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:06 am

Taroson wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:48 am
I get 1, MAYBE 2 bars of service when I'm lucky. I've tried running my phone as a hotspot before and my speeds were even slower.

I am not alt-tabbing. I guess I'll just have to sit while I do paperwork and keep refreshing/loggin in.
NWNSync is probably not as robust, maybe you are losing connection occasionally and that cancels the download manager. I understand the frustration and with how files are handled through NWNSync we can't just send you the Haks in a different way and put in your Haks folder.

In this case I'd probably contact Beamdog or Niv (Who made the downloader) on Discord and ask them to help you out if possible. Worst case, make a day trip to a nearby city, and find better connection there. Though with the current situation in the world that may not be preferable.