CD-KEY or Character Name wrong?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Taroson

CD-KEY or Character Name wrong?

Post by Taroson » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:41 am

So I've been playing on and off of Arelith for many years. I took a long hiatus and came back when the Enhanced Edition was released. A few of my friends and I played on the server for several months before taking a long break again. Now I'm back for some more RPG goodness, but have run into a minor issue.

When I logged into my account, Taroson, I noticed that all of my characters were gone/deleted. I figured that there was a server reset or that characters were auto-deleted after not being used to X amount of days. So I decided to create a new character named Branford Green ((which may or may not have been a name I've used before, I'm not sure. He's a common NPC in my Pathfinder world)) and I was unable to play due to the message that my CDKEY or Character Name is incorrect.

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Taroson

Re: CD-KEY or Character Name wrong?

Post by Taroson » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:53 am

I just tried to create another character with a name I've never used before, completely made up on the spot. Still says that either my CDKEY or my Player Name is an issue. Was my CDKEY stolen/hacked or something? I'm really confused as to what could have happened.

Are you not allowed to have more than one account name per CDKEY for Arelith? Perhaps the Player Name that I'm using isn't the one I was logged into last year. Is there any way to check that so I can get back online with everyone?

My old main character was named Levid Maladavias, and he was a fighter/weapon master. 15th level I believe? I'm not sure if that would help or not.

mjones3

Post by mjones3 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:27 am

This post by Spyre should give you the info you need to get your old characters back from before EE. Instructions on how to carry over start at 2). If you can't figure it out from there let us know and we'll help out more.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17387#p145618

Taroson

Post by Taroson » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:11 am

All of the characters I had were already from the Enhanced Edition. I do own the original CD's from Platinum Edition, but my computer doesn't even possess a disc drive to install it.

And as for the nwnplayer.ini file, mine simply has:
[Profile]
Group Room=274

So there is no profile to edit/change/use.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi,

So I eventually need to update that linked topic as stuff has changed.

Where did you first purchase your copy of EE? Steam? Beamdog? GOG?

Vaults being empty is because your CD Key does not match - we do not do periodic wipes of vaults, or wipes at all. But, your characters are tied to your public cd key and are nested in that folder. If you use a different CD Key, it will not show your characters.

If you want, try reaching me on Discord as I'm at work.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Taroson

Post by Taroson » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:10 pm

Spyre wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:41 pm
Hi,

So I eventually need to update that linked topic as stuff has changed.

Where did you first purchase your copy of EE? Steam? Beamdog? GOG?

Vaults being empty is because your CD Key does not match - we do not do periodic wipes of vaults, or wipes at all. But, your characters are tied to your public cd key and are nested in that folder. If you use a different CD Key, it will not show your characters.

If you want, try reaching me on Discord as I'm at work.
I've been swamped at work so I haven't had a chance to get back onto my PC.

I bought EE on Steam and continue to use that same version.

I sent you a friend request on Discord. Look for "Hydranis".