[Enter Path Name Here]

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

SwampFoot

[Enter Path Name Here]

Post by SwampFoot » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:11 am

So I had this idea for a possible Rogue path. I'll place it here as a question of it's viability within Arelith as well as a question of if it can be done.

Path of the ?:

Base class: Rogue

Loses Sneak Attack forever. Loses ability to use ranged weapons.

Gains an unlimited use utility belt that improves with levels. This belt functions like the vanilla Belt of Assasins in that it allows the path to use grenade type items for crowd control.

Utility Belt Uses:

At level one the belt offers weak, but handy items that allow the [Path] to escape precarious situations. Things like caltrops and acid flasks.

At level 6 the belt offerings are expanded to offer a wider range of grenades, like smoke bombs and gas clouds.

At level 11 the DC on the grenades improves (I have no idea what DCs should be or if they can be changed).

At level 16 the [Path] is able to use its belt to create traps X/day. Trap DC is based on Craft Trap skill. (this can be done earlier, just kind of though of it)

The basic idea is a character that sacrifices melee presence for tools that can aid a group in combat. This is a group centered path that will undoubtedly suffer should he try to go anywhere alone, but his tools should be made to be a boon for any group that he joins. I'm not sure of all the grenade type items in the game, or what ways this could be expanded upon. Just an idea. Any thoughts? Inputs by Mith?