Artefacts. What's it good for?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

lordsterling

Re: Artefacts. What's it good for?

Post by lordsterling » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Artefacts no longer spawn on reset. They spawn at random-chance times.
If you blow up a chest which has an artefact in it, you no longer can loot the 'remains' and find the artefact inside.

Trunx

Post by Trunx » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:56 pm

lordsterling wrote: If you blow up a chest which has an artefact in it, you no longer can loot the 'remains' and find the artefact inside.
Pretty sure this is not true. If the artefact is there, you can still find it.

dirza

Post by dirza » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Rorin1979 wrote:Most artifacts are crap.

Most artifact spawns require certain spells/builds to beat.

Artifacts are the shining jewel in what is otherwise an absolutely horrid chest based loot system.

I have to disagree. Even the item you consider a crap, some good mix of class and whatever can put into great use. What one would trash as crap the other could use to big advantage.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:28 pm

dirza wrote:
Rorin1979 wrote:Most artifacts are crap.

Most artifact spawns require certain spells/builds to beat.

Artifacts are the shining jewel in what is otherwise an absolutely horrid chest based loot system.

I have to disagree. Even the item you consider a crap, some good mix of class and whatever can put into great use. What one would trash as crap the other could use to big advantage.
Scimitar: Human Only.

Armor: +2 AC vs Magic Beast

Armor: +6 Craft Weapon

:)

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:05 am

But then you have Freedom of Movement, permanent, as previously mentioned. Makes you immune to a lot of things without investing a level, without casting anything.

I'm alright with skills and stats on Artefacts, even if better than what enchanters can do, but plain immunities it just too much. I wonder if there isn't Immunity: Critical Hits (which includes Sneaks) or Knockdown out there.

There's already a big disparity between well built and poorly built character, and believe me, it's not the poorly built characters that are getting these powerful Artefacts. And they should, Artefacts should be hard to get, but attainable by everyone at some point.

dirza

Post by dirza » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:33 am

I agree on that, many chars invest heavily to get things like high dc on certain spells (or any other ability) and then comes up a single item which trashs it all. Sounds like a way too easy way to get around.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:57 am

Freedom of Movement items have always been weapons, the imbalance it creates is from fighters' enhancements and assassins(which is already a pretty terrible class all around that needs help as is). I do not think FoM weapons is what breaks it.

Never seen other unique features in items though, a long, long while ago there were mind-immunity helmets, but that was at least six years ago or more.
:)

Thake

Post by Thake » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:06 am

This is how I deafeated Pauush, when I had my perma-haste white leather boots and FoM underpants

Good times guys. Good times.
Mithreas wrote:PC deaths give my life meaning, people.