Warlock Fiendish/Abyssal Path

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Xerah

Warlock Fiendish/Abyssal Path

Post by Xerah » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:21 pm

I have a few quick questions.

Is there any difference aside from summons (and obviously RP) between the two types? The wiki suggests that there isn't.

I made a goblin warlock who has made his Oogooboogoo his Patron. I probably didn't think the whole thing through, and selected Fiendish for his path. Questions. How out of character do you think this is for a CE god? Is it possible to change to Abyssal in game?

I could see it being pretty fun with my goblin getting into arguments with his summons all the time but I thought I'd ask the questions.

Thanks!
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Warlock Fiendish/Abyssal Path

Post by Kuma » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 pm

You mean you selected Infernal - it can't be changed without a remake. For clarification;

The difference is the APPEARANCE (name and flavour of fiend) of the summons, but mechanically they are identical paths. Same spells, same elemental blasts. The only other difference is RP, and the -language choice.

Infernal refers to devils; Abyssal to demons. Both are flavours of fiend, basically a species label.

You can't swap IG, and it isn't something that DMs can change to my knowledge. It's pretty out of character, yes.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:49 pm

The wiki calls it Fiendish and Abyssal, so that's why I said it that way. I do understand the difference between devils and demons.

I did forget about the language, so thanks for that.

I'm not entirely sure how it's scripted, but I suspect it is within the spellhook script and set by a LocalInt or CampaignInt, which technically can be changed in game. Either way, it appears to not be something that isn't common to have done, so I'll just roll with it.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

DSZ Gamez

Post by DSZ Gamez » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:43 am

hello xerah good to see u. look forward to seeing u in game!! :o