Dodge

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Mayonnaise

Dodge

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:35 pm

I have a question about the feat Dodge!
NWNWiki wrote: The character gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks from his current target or latest attacker.
Does anyone know that if casting spells will grant this bonus AC against the target?

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Re: Dodge

Post by Dalenger » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:35 am

I don't understand the question... you're asking if this effects AC, as it relates to touch-attack spells? I'm pretty sure.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

grip
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by grip » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:37 am

They are asking if the dodge AC counts when you are casting a spell, I believe.

To answer the question: You loose all dodge AC when flat-footed. Check this guy out to see when you are or are not FF'ed: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Flat-foot
Thake wrote: Wanna rule Aristotlus? Gotta min/max like a pro..

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:43 am

You aren't flat-footed while casting spells, but Dodge (the feat, not the AC type!) is special in that it only applies to your current target or last attacker.

My guess is that while casting spells you don't qualify for the "current target" part of the feat description, but you might qualify for the "last attacker" part if you are fighting 1-on-1. I haven't done enough testing to see how the dodge feat works 1-on-2 even when fighting in melee, so I definitely can't say what will happen when casting spells in that situation.