slithering trackers

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

freddo

slithering trackers

Post by freddo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:13 pm

do slithering trackers respawn each time one of them dies?

also why are they worth not much XP when they keep killing my char? attack out of shadows, two hits of acid damage and exploded, not even time to use a bandage ....

dirza

Re: slithering trackers

Post by dirza » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:21 pm

The weaker versions dont have high stealth, you need to be careful and watch out all the time. No reason to fight them, if you cannot dish out enough dmg onto them, or have high enough hps.

Oh...and never bandage yourself when fighting one. Every time you do something else than fighting it, it gets sneak attacks which will trash you especially on low levels.

And once you kill it, the avarage and above versions do split in half (until they are the tiniest ones), and this time it bugs, mainly the weakest ones, they become invisible (los bug) and keep eating you alive without you ever having chance to see them (you will notice your character hacking back at invisible enemie).

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:48 pm

yes is there a way for these to be fixed so you can target them after they split. since they seem to be the same model as other slimes and they can be targeted when they turn smaller
Yes I can sign

Green2Bee

Post by Green2Bee » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:35 pm

It's not always a bug. I've had it sometimes bug out, but more commonly from my own experience with high enough spot, the smaller split appear as stealthed and will be visible once it sneaks attacks you.

You can tell they are stealthed because of the gray text and they wobble towards you incredibly slowly if you run.

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:25 am

I have at least one character with TRUE SIGHT...dun dun dun. But more to the point, at least 50% of the time, the spawning trackers are not infact invisible, they are straight up bugged non-targetable. Hitting a transition sometimes reveals them, sometimes doesn't.

They also give NO xp besides being even 5x more dangerous than the bosses near where they are found. Nerfing, removing them, changing them has been requested in the suggestion box several times.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

freddo

Post by freddo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:35 am

thanks all, it is the tiny ones hitting for about 25-35 dmg out of nowhere that are impossible to counter.

the last one seemed to spawn out of a Faezress overload

the char is a trueflame with humility gift, so not much in the way of spot ... or con.

Also noticed they seem to attack the char, not shelgarns blade so much.

Maybe saturating the area ahead with maximised fireballs, but that is not such a great thing for passing sneaker/invisible chars.

dirza

Post by dirza » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:10 am

Each time you kill a tracker you must await those tiny ones. They will even follow you through several transitions and gang you up.