"You received a little roleplay bonus"

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

AmeliaThyst

"You received a little roleplay bonus"

Post by AmeliaThyst » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:06 pm

So... I've found that some friends of mine who have played on the server for longer than I have are getting some random xp at the turn of the hour? While neither of them are currently on and able to screenshot it I can assume it looks something like this: https://youtu.be/KaKTJOFASrQ?t=16m1s as the video will pause at the 16 minute mark, look over to the second chat window and it will say "You received a little roleplay bonus" along with six experience. I've never received the message once on any of the three characters I have created and I'm curious why this is, they talk about it passively, saying all of their characters get it and that they are unsure why my characters wouldn't. My primary focus as far as playing here is most definitely roleplay so I'm not entirely sure why it is I don't get said xp as well? I'm assuming it is something that you get after some time spent on the server, which would make complete sense, though I just wanted to double check here in the case that someone knows more about it. I'm guessing it has something to do with a stat that people refer to called "RPBonus" which I personally have never seen and have no clue how to see. Thanks in advance for any information on how this works as it would be nice to know. :)

WhereButterfliesGoToDie

Re: "You received a little roleplay bonus"

Post by WhereButterfliesGoToDie » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Arelith has a thing called RPR or Roleplay Rating, given by DMs when they've seen consistant RP from people. RPR ranges from 10-40 but scales with your ECL, so a character with high ECL would get less xp per IG hour. The "little roleplay bonus" is equal to your RPR, so for example 6xp per IG hour likely means your friends in question has an RPR of 10 that is then scaled down by their character ECL.

I'm sure that you'll get an RPR of your own shortly though, if dedicated to your roleplay. :) The RPR xp is pretty minimal all things considered, but its a nice little perk anyway. Just spend some time, enjoy your RP and it'll pop up eventually!

MowerQueen

Re: "You received a little roleplay bonus"

Post by MowerQueen » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:33 pm

What you're seeing is called a "Role Play Bonus" like you said. Once you have one, it gives you that number of XP every in-game hour (so 6 minutes IRL). If a DM notices that you are consistently in-character and/or your RP is positively impacting the experience of others on the server, they will raise your RPB. It goes up in increments of 10. Everyone starts with 0, the next level is 10, then 20, and so on up to 40. It is tied to your CD Key, so once you have a RPB all of your characters you make will have it. If you lose your RPB at any point (for acting OOC) then all of your characters will lose it.

The best advice I can give you is be patient and interact with others as much as possible. And have fun. It can take a while because the DMs have a lot on their plates and sometimes you get unlucky by playing when nobody is watching. But eventually you will get noticed and get your RPB as long as you stay in character. :)

Edit: Was beat to the punch