Weave Mastery, Quickin Spell and Auto Quicken spell.

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Orian_666

Weave Mastery, Quickin Spell and Auto Quicken spell.

Post by Orian_666 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:17 pm

I have a weave master, level 24 at the moment, so i'm coming close to the infamous auto quicken spell feat =D
My question is simple, does, for the sake of cooldowns, Auto Quicken Spell I, II and III and Quicken Spell stack?

ie. Stoneskin is currently occupying a level 8 spell slot as a Quickened Spell, thus lowering its CD by 6 seconds. I also have the Auto Quicken Spell II feat which lowers the CD of level 4, 5 and 6 spells by two spell levels (12 seconds). Does this cause a CD reduction of 18 seconds, or just the highest number (12 seconds)?

EDIT: Damn, clicked the wrong sub forum, my bad, this was meant for questions and answers, could a mod move it?

Green2Bee

Re: Weave Mastery, Quickin Spell and Auto Quicken spell.

Post by Green2Bee » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 pm

I was told it doesn't, but I've never had one myself to know.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:22 am

I could be totally wrong as I've never tested it, this is just based off what I saw tossed around the forums a while back
Auto Quicken I : Level 1 to 3 spells have their cooldown reduced by one round(6sec), and they are cast quickly as if under the effect of haste
Auto Quicken II : the same as above, for only Level 4 to 6 spells
Auto Quicken III : You get the idea.

Even less sure on this point: I think it does stack with quicken. (it would make sense, because you are opting to not use other meta-magics in return for a faster cooldown)
Last edited by Twily on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chalan

Post by Chalan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:08 am

If I recall correctly:

Auto-Quicken I: Spells of Circle I to III will be cast without any cooldown whatsoever. You can now haste yourself and cast said spells twice per round (edited for clarity).
Auto-Quicken II: Spells of Circle IV to VI will be cast as if they were 2 circles below. So, you are casting those spells as if they had cooldowns from the Circles II to IV.
Auto-Quicken III: The same as above. Spells of Circle VII to IX will be cast as if they were 2 circles below. So you will cast them as if they had cooldowns from the Circles V to VII.

There is no stacking involved (perhaps with Quicken? Not too sure).
They are independent from each other, and you take them sequentially.

EDITED: Read below.
Last edited by Chalan on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Echoes from a shadow realm, whispers of things yet to come. Thought's strange sister dwells in night, is swept away by dawning light...
Arelith (FL)

Cihparg
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Cihparg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:46 am

Arelith Wiki wrote:Weave Master can be chosen at character creation by sorcerers. Weave masters get unlimited spells per day however they have a cool-down for all spells above the first level.
The Cooldown formula is: (Spell level -1)*6 seconds.
Example 1: 1st lvl spell (spell level of 1 -1 = 0) *6 seconds = 0 second cool-down (so you can cast 1st lvl spells normally as often as you want)
Example 2: 5th lvl spell (spell level of 5 -1 = 4) *6 seconds = 24 second cool-down (hope that spell was worth it!)
Please note:
The Feat "Quicken Spell", when used to cast a spell, will reduce the effective level of the spell by 1 when calculating cooldowns.
Auto Quicken I: Spells of level 2-3 no longer have cooldown.
Auto Quicken II: Spells of level 4-6 count as 2 levels lower, for the purpose of cooldown.
Auto Quicken III: Spells of level 7-9 count as 3 levels lower, for the purpose of cooldown.
This means that AQ1 removes cooldowns from Spells of level 2-3.
AQ2 and 3 only drop cooldown times for their respective circles.

Quicken and Auto-Quicken do not stack. You're effectively casting Quickened spells automatically. Doing Quicken manually along with Auto Quicken does nothing.

Beep boop.